Discussion NOTICE: Encrypted drive 'tcrypt:': ChangeNotify was unable to decrypt "xyz"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
Original poster
Oh my good lord, what is going on. So.. I can't even remember how far to go back with what I've done to get a working plex so I'll summarise

Maybe forgot Password and SALTS so recovering past GCE content off the menu.. I delete Teamdrive altogether and any plexguide associated content from gdrive

I delete the GCE instance and start from fresh! but still, same scenario.. episode downloads, goes onto Plex and as soon as it gets uploaded, bam, it's gone!

I delete the GCE instance.. I then create the instance manually, why? Because none of this is making sense and I want a clean start and it seems nothing is working.

So fresh GCE, fresh install of plexguide for the 4th time (gone from beta to stable etc etc etc), new password, new salts and hoefully, new start!

But no, show downloads, updates plex.. hunky dorey starts playing, pgui starts uploading and once it's done, bam it's gone FML

So, I'm going into unknown territory of trying to find some logs, then I come across /var/plexguide/logs and look into rclone-tcrypt.log and see the above error.. I mean seriously, it can't decrypt the one and only file I've downloaded since installing everything from fresh.. what on earth is going on? LIke I've got to the point where I'm thinking stuff it, I'll delete and do just about anything to start from absolute scratch and STILL I'm getting stuff like this happening I just have absolutely no idea what's happening and need some help to save my sanity :ROFLMAO:

Turfrider

Blitz 3rd Class
Fresh install of 8.6.1, Encrypted with Blitz. Doesn't work for me, I've repeated the install process, created a new GCE and tried with simple passwords and still get the decryption error.

If I access my main drive and manage to get it to read my files and new files uploaded will vanish and then the decryption error appears again. But I' not longer certain if I ever had 8.6.1 working, or if I just upgraded the menu without a new deployment.

Local VM > Accessing the files from day 1
GCE Feeder > Accessing the files from day 1
VPS > Accessing the files from day 1
Dedi > Accessing the files from about day 5

Upgraded Dedi to 8.6.1, some how I ended up with a second encrypt folder which in turn had the other machines failing to see the files. Corrected that manually on tdrive (deleted the second encrypt folder)

Anyway.. Stopped making changes. Restored the Rclone Conf and keys from Local to Dedi and shutdown local.

Since then I have a second GCE instance, all tests with 8.6.1 fail. Created second tdrive, new password, new password and small simple password. Finally went back to trying 8.5.8 with a new password and tdrive. The files worked.. stayed.. formatted reinstalled, destroyed reinstalled and the files are still there. So 8.5.8 is working still.

On a new install of 8.6.1 with encryption, the files are uploaded and then Rclone is unable to decrypt the files and they vanish from /mnt/unisonfs.

Reactions: MrSweet1991

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
Original poster
Fresh install of 8.6.1, Encrypted with Blitz. Doesn't work for me, I've repeated the install process, created a new GCE and tried with simple passwords and still get the decryption error.

If I access my main drive and manage to get it to read my files and new files uploaded will vanish and then the decryption error appears again. But I' not longer certain if I ever had 8.6.1 working, or if I just upgraded the menu without a new deployment.

Local VM > Accessing the files from day 1
GCE Feeder > Accessing the files from day 1
VPS > Accessing the files from day 1
Dedi > Accessing the files from about day 5

Upgraded Dedi to 8.6.1, some how I ended up with a second encrypt folder which in turn had the other machines failing to see the files. Corrected that manually on tdrive (deleted the second encrypt folder)

Anyway.. Stopped making changes. Restored the Rclone Conf and keys from Local to Dedi and shutdown local.

Since then I have a second GCE instance, all tests with 8.6.1 fail. Created second tdrive, new password, new password and small simple password. Finally went back to trying 8.5.8 with a new password and tdrive. The files worked.. stayed.. formatted reinstalled, destroyed reinstalled and the files are still there. So 8.5.8 is working still.

On a new install of 8.6.1 with encryption, the files are uploaded and then Rclone is unable to decrypt the files and they vanish from /mnt/unisonfs.
Wish I knew that before, bashed my head so many times as I use the same password every time but yet the short and simple answer is usually that it is a typo error. With having no luck and no plex for two weeks i just gave up and wiped everything really glad you didn't have to as well but I definitely thought the whole thing didn't seem right.

antigravity

Blitz 1st Class
Same issue here in a brand new tcrypt install with 8.6.2

Files upload to Team Drive, local file is deleted, but because tcrypt can't be read, it disappears from unionfs.

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
Original poster
Same issue here in a brand new tcrypt install with 8.6.2

Files upload to Team Drive, local file is deleted, but because tcrypt can't be read, it disappears from unionfs.
As one of the other chaps mentioned, downgrade pgblitz to an older version. Seems to work fine after that :) I'm running blitz unencrypted at the moment, but as I had literally no replies and 2 weeks of hitting a wall I gave up on it. Hopefully downgrading will be a simple solution for you as something is definitely messed up

antigravity

Blitz 1st Class
As one of the other chaps mentioned, downgrade pgblitz to an older version. Seems to work fine after that :) I'm running blitz unencrypted at the moment, but as I had literally no replies and 2 weeks of hitting a wall I gave up on it. Hopefully downgrading will be a simple solution for you as something is definitely messed up
Yeah support is a bit of a worry. Looking at moving over to PGBlitz but with such a custom and managed install/setup, youre limited to what you can fix yourself, in case you break something else.

So support really needs to be responsive.

As I said, I'm wanting to join the community, but tcrypt encryption in PGBlitz 8.6.2 is seemingly broken.

An update has been made to the 8.6.2 release on GitHub but no recognition of it has been made here on the official support forums:

Needo submitted a github request to fix encrypted issues with Blitz Encrypted @
https://github.com/PGBlitz/PGClone/pull/19
  • Must retype passwords
  • KEYS do not have to be remade
  • You must redeploy PGBlitz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.