What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion [Non-Technical] Paying G Suite, prepaid credit card?

Register

Blitz 3rd Class
Hi Guys,

how do you pay your G Suite account? I would like to use a prepaid creditcard. Are there any in the DACH area which provide anonymity? Or is this not possible anymore with Credit Cards?

Thanks

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Not that i know.
You might look into revolut, maybe you can create a fake account there, but don't think it will work.

There are onlineshops arround that sell g suites (they do the reg for you), but i haven't tryed that...

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Why anonymous? Google needs your address for invoicing?
Nope. Not necessary as far as i know. My address is some fake in cayman islands.

But agree if you pay with your credit card, obviously there you need to reveal your address

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
credit cards and even online prepaid solutions, require you to identify yourself. At least I had to do that with my viabuy card. I did recieve a physical card too I must add.

Register

Blitz 3rd Class
Why anonymous? Google needs your address for invoicing?
In case the uploaded content draws too much attention (nothing nasty, just a security measurement). Its very unlikely where i live, still, better save than sorry.

So you guys are basically registered with your private credit card? Are there no concerns? Especially when living in the US?

As for registering the prepaid card. I am fine with that as its at least another layer of obfuscation on top.
However the question is, does google accept these prepaid cards? I heard they don't work everywhere.
Thanks

macfreaker

Blitz Sergeant
I am using my private creditcard without any problems. But you can always try with another card.
Maybe with a virtual card like they exist on the internet.

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
You can also encrypt the data on the drive. Use an Encrypted mount. No one can do anything about that. I too am registered with my private card. Well an online one. You won't get busted for having a shitload of movies and stuff on that drive. As long as you don't sell it, it's fine. Only thing that can happen is google asking in name of the content owner to remove it. Actually, like a lot of people do, sharing their plex server is more likely to get you caught then just hosting a couple of GB's of data. Also, there's a couple of other factors involved. Domain name. You need a domain name for your gsuite. Make sure that's not a domain that represents the country or area you live in. I used to run a torrent tracker and that helped us staying under the radar. Also, rent a server in EU to stream off off. EU laws are not as strict. It's actually why a lot of people rent EU servers and use CDN's to compensate for the bad peering.

Register

Blitz 3rd Class
You can also encrypt the data on the drive. Use an Encrypted mount. No one can do anything about that. I too am registered with my private card. Well an online one. You won't get busted for having a shitload of movies and stuff on that drive. As long as you don't sell it, it's fine. Only thing that can happen is google asking in name of the content owner to remove it. Actually, like a lot of people do, sharing their plex server is more likely to get you caught then just hosting a couple of GB's of data. Also, there's a couple of other factors involved. Domain name. You need a domain name for your gsuite. Make sure that's not a domain that represents the country or area you live in. I used to run a torrent tracker and that helped us staying under the radar. Also, rent a server in EU to stream off off. EU laws are not as strict. It's actually why a lot of people rent EU servers and use CDN's to compensate for the bad peering.
Thanks for the tips.

Encryption is the ultimate goal in the end, but as far as i read its still in its infancy in regards to usability when something goes wrong.
I will try setting up a seedbox first so i can get a feeling of what i am dealing with and later on i can still add the G Suite if i need more capacity (seedboxes give up to 2 TB for some 15€ or something. Since i don't even need transcoding but only streaming, that should do the trick, right?)

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
depending on the device, it always depends on the devices,
Not all devices can stream directly. some devices have problems with the sound.

Example:
source:
SOUND: DTS-HD

Player:
AAC3 or DTS

I can invite you and then you can test what your player can do

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
@Register if you're sure that your device is perfectly capable of playing those files, then you're good to go yes. Also consider the bandwidth from your server to your home. High bitrate encodes are bandwidth eaters. Especially those with DTSMA and TrueHD audiotracks. I have a lot of stuff encoded at lower bitrate and AAC audio if you want to test that out. I can also provide you with screenshots of the comparison between the source and encode for video. Everyone goes for these big bulky filesizes and all out on bitrate like it's a religion while technically it has been surpassed by good encodes.

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
@MrDoob in fact DTSMA doesn't need transcoding to DTS. DTS is actually embedded in the DTSMA audiostream. Same goes for trueHD. AC3 is embedded into that. Devices can filter out those audiotracks perfectly. DTS is coreaudio for DTSMA. AC3 for TrueHD. It becomes something else when you have to transcode a DTSMA or TrueHD stream to AAC. Then again, audiotranscoding is not system draining. I transcode a DTSMA 7.1 audiotrack to AAC7.1 with highest settings at 20-23x the speed of the original.

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
everyone starts small. later he will realize that it will not be enough for him. I still know the time there was a root server with 500gb HDD and 100mbits. those were the days

Register

Blitz 3rd Class
@MrDoob @SirTranceALoT
My client will be upgraded eventually. Currently i have a cheap KODI box which can properly play local files up to 4k with HD audio (streaming off my NAS). HDR is not working though.
As long as there is no problem with the technology itself, there should be enough processing power in that little box (though i am not familiar with plex yet. A friend of mine has running 1080p plex server + client on a 10year old mac mini without any problems)
Bandwidth wise i am fine with about 300 MBit down. I am even thinking trying to connect via sftp to the seedbox and stream directly to KODI just until i get a new client device. I would have to test that out though.

And yea, 2 TB is cheap stuff, but its only the beginning. The reason why i go for this is because >5 TB NAS are just getting way too expensive when adding the necessary redundancy. Since file size is only increasing, initial NAS investment would be huge (at least 2000€. Compared to the web setup it gives me at least 4 years in terms of costs and i have no repairs)

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
SFTP can be hella slow and very unreliable. If your seedbox provider provides a webdav mount for your download folder, it's way better to mount that in your kodi device. At least in my experience. HTTP transfers are still the fastest.

Register

Blitz 3rd Class
SFTP can be hella slow and very unreliable. If your seedbox provider provides a webdav mount for your download folder, it's way better to mount that in your kodi device. At least in my experience. HTTP transfers are still the fastest.
thanks for the tipp! I remembered that FTP was quite shitty but i was unsure if this is still true

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
it is correct that when you start to build such a system in the 2000 ¬ direction, Clear why burn money if you do not need it right now. kodi is not bad. but I have been away from it for years. For about 3 years, I make everything purely by plex, it is simpler to set it up for the external users than to create a separate glFTP account for each one. Redundancy is the most important thing and many people forget about it you can get a gdrive and I can write you a script that uploads your files as if encrypted or not playing as there is no role. the script asks the rclone config and so you can backup your data in the cloud. as I said you can think it over. that would be for me maybe 30min work, and you have run in your seedbox rclone. question .. which seedbox provider do you have?

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
I agree. In fact, every seedbox provider should offer rclone mount support. The reason they probbably don't is that that could come with unlimited space and people not asking for huge seedbox storage.

As regards to kodi, I recently came back to it as I started to experiment with IPTV. Yes there are tons of solutions to do that in plex or emby but you need one of those plex passes to make it work while kodi does it out of the box with a simple add-on installation and with way less hastle. It also has the plexKodiConnect that lets you integrate your plex library directly ito kodi as if it were a part of it. I'm a huge fan again I must say.

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
You can easily find out if a provider allows that.

cat /etc/fuse.conf
cat: /etc/fuse.conf: Permission denied

many forbid in the fuse.conf ->

--allow-other ..

so it will be hard to knit that way.
I have tried many anbeiter and I can say clearly.

seedhost.eu forbids it. Allow a rclone mount to run

some providers simply close the process and forever restart this and read everything again is not synonymous sense and purpose of the matter

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
I've just rewritten my 2 scripts.

The only thing you have to change are the directories within the scripts.

what is to change is always marked within the scripts.

please note but they are strict.

in the unpack script everything is unpacked and meaningless things are deleted.

in the clean script everything older than 10 days will automatically be loaded into the cloud and deleted.

he scans the folders with a max depth of -max-depth = 1

beispeil
~ / downloads / done $ ls
Anime
MOVIES-SD
MOVIES HD
MOVIES-UHD
MOVIES-ENG
TV shows
SERIAL UHD
WINDOWS
MUSIC

He would then upload this structure in my case

everything inside this folder will be unpacked and cleaned.

Please make sure that you try it first and then use it actively.

Attachments

Register

Blitz 3rd Class
Guys thank you so much for all your input. I am currently only easing into this huge topic, so i guess i will have updates or followup questions in the next few days or weeks.
I was looking up on seedboxes and i am leaning towards ultraseedbox. Right now they have 40% off their yearly deals, so if i am satisfied with their service, i get a good bang for the buck. They also allow rclone, so no problem there :)

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
ultraseed box.
I know but it is not my case. have heard only bad of them.
I stay with seedhost and I've got a dedicated dedicated root that works just for plex.

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Guys thank you so much for all your input. I am currently only easing into this huge topic, so i guess i will have updates or followup questions in the next few days or weeks.
I was looking up on seedboxes and i am leaning towards ultraseedbox. Right now they have 40% off their yearly deals, so if i am satisfied with their service, i get a good bang for the buck. They also allow rclone, so no problem there :)
That sounds totally awesome! You know where to find us if needed.

bodgeup

Blitz 1st Class
FreeLancer
Donor
I use an android app called "icard", It gives you 2 virtual prepaid cards to use one mastercard and one visa. I managed to sign up to my google suite ent account via one of those (sorry cant remember which now but you add funds to your account and all the vcards share the same credit. You also get one extra vcard for contactless payments from your mob, also if you verify they send you a physical prepaid card)

thepj

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
I tried privacy.com where it creates burner cards and multi use cards. Google identifies it, correctly, as prepaid cards and will not allow the use of them. I just opened another bank account and put $5 in it :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Trending