What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion New to PGBlitz - Media sub folders, *arr file naming

bigdork

PG Version
Mount Type
Move Encrypted
Server Type
Remote - VPS
Old hat at *arr/Plex, but new to PGBlitz so maybe I’m overlooking something.

Sub folders - I need more than just /movies, I need other directories such as /movies.kids, etc. This does not appear possible?

*arr file naming - I’ll customize how I like, save, and find my setting overwritten. Is this expected?

If both of these are by design.... WHY, and is there a way to return to the level of customization I’m used to?

fa99x24

Old hat at *arr/Plex, but new to PGBlitz so maybe I’m overlooking something.

Sub folders - I need more than just /movies, I need other directories such as /movies.kids, etc. This does not appear possible?

*arr file naming - I’ll customize how I like, save, and find my setting overwritten. Is this expected?

If both of these are by design.... WHY, and is there a way to return to the level of customization I’m used to?
Just add the wanted folders in *arr, this will work. So eg. if you add a movie to /mnt/unionfs/movies_kids or /mnt/unionfs/movies/kids it will upload to that folder (which you may have to create first on the shared drive).

No, settings should of course not be overwritten, never had this issue...

bigdork

Whatever the hell was going on with *arr, it's fixed now. Maybe it was the Safari browser on the PC I was using?

As for the subfolders - I was creating subdirs but they were being deleted. There must be something that deletes empty folders. If I made a subdir and simultaneously moved something in there, ie: "mkdir kids.tv.shows; mv ../DuckTales.2017 kids.tv.shows/" then that folder stuck around. New to this and it was late, I should have been more patient. Thanks!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.