Netcup

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Just a cautionary tale, I cancelled netcup within 2 weeks (for a variety of reasons, they don't work for me), they started to try and make me jump through hoops, so I went with a PayPal dispute and won. They are now trying to tell me I need to pay them some obscene amount in order to avoid legal action, i've said i'll see them in court with a counter claim for costs and re-raised it with PayPal.

Reactions: zippy and DeadPool

DeadPool

Blitz Sergeant
yep their financial shenanigans are legendary and downright mental(and take a lot of getting used to!!).
BUT, there is nothing comparable (afaik) in terms of bang for buck. grrr

Methanoid

Blitz 2nd Class
Anyone comment on speed of the HDDs Netcup use.. looking at VPS 1000 g8 (750GB HDD with Optane caching).

DeadPool

Blitz Sergeant
Anyone comment on speed of the HDDs Netcup use.. looking at VPS 1000 g8 (750GB HDD with Optane caching).
been using this for months.for me is even snappier than the rs2000 root server at half the price.
2p

DeadPool

Blitz Sergeant
Is your rs with ssd or hdd?
I have another rs2000 sitting ready to setup, thought about using the vps as feeder and the rs for plex
thats a really good idea.
i had both.but the ssd was WAY to underwhelming and the 480gb hdd was also not enough.
currently 750gb is cutting th emustard ok, although the vps2000 has 1.5 optane hdd which would be even better (processing and unpacking etc)

Must say that my vps(FOR THE MOST PART) is almost as good(and even a bit nippier in some cases) than the rs2000.
just my 2p, YMMV

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
haagsemark Ultimate Server Quest 0