What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion namecheap simply doesn't work

dicetomato

PG Version
Server Type
Local - Dedicated Server
Hi there! I've asked about this several times and I'm just trying to get a definitive answer on whether or not anyone has been able to get namecheap to work! If not, you guys should take namecheap out of the menu; it simply doesn't work for me. In the script, you are destroying the Traefik container, re-deploying it, then doing the same for Portainer; therefore we can't watch the logs. Can someone let me know what the basic steps for troubleshooting this might be? There is no indication of any problem.

I provided correct ENV entries for NAMECHEAP_API_USER and NAMECHEAP_API_KEY. Logs are not showing anything. I'm using ddclient for dynamic DNS and currently just routing my own url redirects in DNS, but would love to have Traefik actually work!

Thanks.

duckstain

Hi there! I've asked about this several times and I'm just trying to get a definitive answer on whether or not anyone has been able to get namecheap to work! If not, you guys should take namecheap out of the menu; it simply doesn't work for me. In the script, you are destroying the Traefik container, re-deploying it, then doing the same for Portainer; therefore we can't watch the logs. Can someone let me know what the basic steps for troubleshooting this might be? There is no indication of any problem.

I provided correct ENV entries for NAMECHEAP_API_USER and NAMECHEAP_API_KEY. Logs are not showing anything. I'm using ddclient for dynamic DNS and currently just routing my own url redirects in DNS, but would love to have Traefik actually work!

Thanks.
Late to the party here, but if you are still trying to get an answer to this, I was successful in using my namecheap api to setup traefik. I found through some trial and error that some dns settings I had set up internally broke it initially. Willing to help out if I can if you are still looking.

pro_engineer

Staff
Donor
Patron
Late to the party here, but if you are still trying to get an answer to this, I was successful in using my namecheap api to setup traefik. I found through some trial and error that some dns settings I had set up internally broke it initially. Willing to help out if I can if you are still looking.
Hey still looking - every time I setup Traefik it says portainer is failing and being setup incorrectly :/

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
namecheap are duds because i told them they need to open they're api like godaddy does and the refuse to and told em, ok i'll refer everyone to godaddy (which simply works)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
they are big scams, back in the day there was work they had to do; but with automations. ya godaddy does this to. the letsencrypt is what takes this out of the equation against them. but they're stupid because it's like hey; goto godaddy for your domains because we're too stupid to open up our api (where i would stick with them).

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Hey still looking - every time I setup Traefik it says portainer is failing and being setup incorrectly :/
did you check portainer and see what the logs said for traefik?

pro_engineer

Staff
Donor
Patron
Hey, Yes I checked the logs below. I triple checked the API key and username to be sure, re-running it. My wildcard is setup right in namecheap and they also make you whitelist IPs which i checked. :/

Traefik logs:

Code:
time="2019-02-23T13:09:39+01:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"[domain].me\" : cannot get ACME client namecheap: some credentials information are missing: NAMECHEAP_API_KEY"

time="2019-02-23T13:09:39+01:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"*.[domain].me\" : cannot get ACME client namecheap: some credentials information are missing: NAMECHEAP_API_KEY"
Portainer logs below as it is saying Portainer Failed:

Code:
2019/02/23 12:10:54 Templates already registered inside the database. Skipping template import.

2019/02/23 12:10:54 Starting Portainer 1.20.1 on :9000

2019/02/23 12:11:26 http error: Invalid JWT token (err=Invalid JWT token) (code=401)
Tried resetting the API key and messing with the password with no luck

Last edited:
I've been having the same issue today. Does your providers folder look the same as mine?
Code:
ls /opt/traefik/providers/namecheap/
NAMECHEAP_API_USER  NETCUP_API_KEY  NETCUP_API_PASSWORD

ls /opt/traefik/providers/netcup/
NAMECHEAP_API_KEY  NAMECHEAP_API_USER
Haven't figured out exactly how to get this straightened out, so I'm not sure if that is the issue or not.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Development Donations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors