What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

MP4 automator not working at all

Dave Peterson

After installing sonarr or radarr, tried both versions, there are no py files for mp4converter available.
yes i have look in the right folders, they are not there.
/opt/appdata/plexguide/move|-en.sh is not found, the wiki suggests editting it.

tried reinstalling, everything, just wont work.
any help very much appreciated because 2 days ago on a test machine it did work.

regards
David

Last edited:
T

TheShadow

I think I know what caused that, go ahead and re-install the problem apps and it should fix it.

You should be on 8.6.x, if you're on 8.5.x let me know

Dave Peterson

I think I know what caused that, go ahead and re-install the problem apps and it should fix it.

I am doing a complete reinstall of PGBlitz just to be sure as i tried sonarr preview and that didnt get the mp4converter stuff needed.
I will update you once done.

Dave Peterson

sorry but still nothing
i installed the preview versions of sonarr and radarr
sonarr doesnt have any mp4converter reference folders inside its folders and radarr does show it but just the ini file not preprogrammed.

i can send my logins if you want to have a look yourself
i am using the latest version of PGBlitz

T

TheShadow

Oh well then it probably doesn't work for the preview versions or have that stuff then. We can't do anything about that since we don't maintain the images.

So that would be why

Dave Peterson

Oh well then it probably doesn't work for the preview versions or have that stuff then. We can't do anything about that since we don't maintain the images.

So that would be why
i just installed the regular version of radarr and that did work now.
i just cannot find this path: /opt/appdata/plexguide/move|-en.sh
it is stated in the wiki i would need to edit that to avoid mkv files being uploaded to gdrive
i tested the current config and it uploaded the mkv then the mp4 then the mp4.qtfs
where can i edit that out? seems the wiki is not complete on that.

Dave Peterson

Wiki must be out of date, move is now the pgmove.sh file in opt/appdata/plexguide
thanks got it in pgblitz.sh

you wouldnt happen to know howto fix permissions do you?
Getting these errors now:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/sickbeard_mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini'
fp = open(cfgfile, "w")
File "/sickbeard_mp4_automator/readSettings.py", line 703, in writeConfig

and so on.
radarr works fine, its just sonarr

Angler1409

I would chmod the autoprocess.ini file to 777 permissions and see if that works. If it does you can then try to reduce the permissions if you are worried about security to say only allow read and write access.

T

TheShadow

I dont use this automator, can someone update the wiki?

Try reinstalling it because it should be setting permissions on the files. Or chmod +X /pathtofilee

T

TheShadow

Give it another go, I think I just made a bugfix that should help.Reinstall it.

Dave Peterson

Give it another go, I think I just made a bugfix that should help.Reinstall it.
dont know what you did but did full reinstall on a test machine and both now not working.

i got radarr to work just fine on a previous install with the same PG version as this one but now it doesnt work anymore with MP4 automater.
neither does sonarr
tried both versions that are in the installer.
:(

T

TheShadow

I think it's because I changed the sonarr path to match what your settings were looking for, but that wasn't really right.

it should be /config/mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini

This is what radarr and nzbget both use. I just pushed an update to match it. Redeploy the apps on both servers. Then check the script path and update it to /config/mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini

Dave Peterson

I think it's because I changed the sonarr path to match what your settings were looking for, but that wasn't really right.

it should be /config/mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini

This is what radarr and nzbget both use. I just pushed an update to match it. Redeploy the apps on both servers. Then check the script path and update it to /config/mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini
great thanks, Radarr now works with that, sonarr does not.
Getting errors about permissions in the ini file
here a bit out of the log:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/sickbeard_mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini'
fp = open(cfgfile, "w")
File "/sickbeard_mp4_automator/readSettings.py", line 703, in writeConfig
File "/sickbeard_mp4_automator/readSettings.py", line 218, in __init__

and then some more.
I can now find the file required with sonarr so thats a step up.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
T

TheShadow

Ahh ok you are using the aront image that has mp4 automator, now this makes more sense.

I think I fixed it all up now. Can you reinstall both radarr/sonarr to check, thanks.

d0pp3l

Noob
I am still getting these errors in radarr:

19-7-21 08:38:39.5|Error|postRadarr.py| File "/sickbeard_mp4_automator/postRadarr.py", line 34, in <module>
19-7-21 08:38:39.5|Error|postRadarr.py| settings = ReadSettings(os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0]), "autoProcess.ini")
19-7-21 08:38:39.5|Error|postRadarr.py| File "/sickbeard_mp4_automator/readSettings.py", line 218, in __init__
19-7-21 08:38:39.5|Error|postRadarr.py| self.writeConfig(config, configFile)
19-7-21 08:38:39.5|Error|postRadarr.py| File "/sickbeard_mp4_automator/readSettings.py", line 703, in writeConfig
19-7-21 08:38:39.5|Error|postRadarr.py| fp = open(cfgfile, "w")
19-7-21 08:38:39.5|Error|postRadarr.py|IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/sickbeard_mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini'

Dave Peterson

Ahh ok you are using the aront image that has mp4 automator, now this makes more sense.

I think I fixed it all up now. Can you reinstall both radarr/sonarr to check, thanks.
like the other user says we still get errors.
i tried the other method as well but get these errors

Unable to send OnDownload notification to: postSonarr.py: ApplicationName='/config_mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini', CommandLine='', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='/config_mp4_automator/autoProcess.ini', CommandLine='', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x0029f] in <e8eb3d7a311640f484845e45cbec8973>:0
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x0003a] in <e8eb3d7a311640f484845e45cbec8973>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at NzbDrone.Common.Processes.ProcessProvider.Start (System.String path, System.String args, System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary environmentVariables, System.Action`1[T] onOutputDataReceived, System.Action`1[T] onErrorDataReceived) [0x00194] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Processes\ProcessProvider.cs:186
at NzbDrone.Common.Processes.ProcessProvider.StartAndCapture (System.String path, System.String args, System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary environmentVariables) [0x00011] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Processes\ProcessProvider.cs:218
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.CustomScript.CustomScript.ExecuteScript (System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary environmentVariables) [0x0001b] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\CustomScript\CustomScript.cs:140
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.CustomScript.CustomScript.OnDownload (NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.DownloadMessage message) [0x003f8] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\CustomScript\CustomScript.cs:104
at NzbDrone.Core.Notifications.NotificationService.Handle (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.Events.EpisodeImportedEvent message) [0x000e1] in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Notifications\NotificationService.cs:144

that is with sonarr, radarr works

and FYI, everyone just follows the pgblitz wiki, the other versions of sonarr or radarr do not support mp4 automater at all only the versions we use now.
the other version install do not create the mp4 automater directories and all that.

T

TheShadow

Yes that's correct because only the aront images have mp4 automator. Feel free to edit the wiki pages for it and make note of that.

Alright I think I got it all set now, please reinstall and verify, make sure you choose the aront images.

Dave Peterson

Yes that's correct because only the aront images have mp4 automator. Feel free to edit the wiki pages for it and make note of that.

Alright I think I got it all set now, please reinstall and verify, make sure you choose the aront images.
okay will do, i am currently doing a full reinstall of a test machine.
i will keep you updated on this.

Meanwhile i like to thank you and others in this thread for their support and patience :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.