What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Movies listed as unavailable

TFahrner

Blitz 3rd Class
PG Version
5.8.*
Server Type
Remote - VPS
Hi,
I installed PGBlitz yesterday on a Hetzner Vserver (2 VCores 4gb ram) PGBlitz is the latest stable version that was offered to me (8.5.*)
I set up all the cor modules (Trafik etc) and mounted my Teamdrive unecrypted. Before using PGBlitz I did not use Teamdrive but my own G Suite Drive for my libraries. So I used the webinterface of google drive to migrate my files to Team Drive (took some time but should be completed by now) So everything seems to be ready to go. The problem I have right now is that all movies (and their optimized versions) got scanned as they should and appear in my Plex library but they are all listed as "unavailable" and I cannot play them. I think this is some permission error? Edit: The files ar playable via googles webinterface without problems.

When I set up team drive I chose to generate 6 keys and emails. When entering the 6 email adresses as shared I accidentally pressed ctrl + c what closed pgblitz. I had the emails in my history so I just kept going with them. Might that cause the problem? So ar the emails active even if I closed PGBlitz?

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Maybe also some weird behaviour that might be related: My TV Show library seems to only see two out of five folders that are available on my team drive.

Hope you can help me because I cant wait to just enjoy my library without lags or buffering problems.

If you need further information feel free to ask.

BR
Tim

Last edited:

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
You can always create new email keys and delete the old one. Best way to test is download a tv episode and see if it uploads correctly.

Which remote library path are you pointing to in plex? For Movies I am using:
/mnt/unionfs/movies

TV:
/mnt/unionfs/tv

TFahrner

Blitz 3rd Class
Hi gadgethome
You can always create new email keys and delete the old one. Best way to test is download a tv episode and see if it uploads correctly.
Good To know Ill try later.

Which remote library path are you pointing to in plex? For Movies I am using:
/mnt/unionfs/movies

TV:
/mnt/unionfs/tv
I am using /mnt/tdrive/Filme for Movies and /mnt/tdrive/Serien for TV

I just tried to switch to your paths (which are available on my system) but there is nothing in them when I scan the library.

I just got another idea: might it be some caching problem?
So based on the phenomenon that I dont see all of my TV-Shows could it be the case that I started scanning while the migration process was not finished (there was no progress bar) and google somehow changed the paths internaly or sth like that and PG Clone cached the old locations and does not get updated? Is there a way to reset pg clone to a state like it was deployed the first time?

BR
Tim

M

MrDoob

1.) docker stop plex
2.) tree -u -L 2 /mnt/unionfs
( for checking the part of unionfs )
3.) service pgunion status
( for checking of error's )
4.) docker start plex
( use for plex only this paths

/mnt/unionfs/{name of subfolder}

5.) touch /mnt/move/crown.test && ls -la /mnt/unionfs/
( check of pgblitz is running / and servicea not failed )

6.) service pgblitz status
( check for pgblitz is running )

7.) https://pgui. Your domain . Any else
( check this page and you will of all running parts of PG )

Is all green the issue is on your side

chown -R 1000:1000 /mnt/unionfs
( that's need a while )

8 ) check the Google drive api for 403 error ' s

TFahrner

Blitz 3rd Class
Thank you very much! I dont know what did the job but it now works... the TDrive mount was listed as unfunctional even if I am pretty sure when I did the setup it was fully functional. I redeployed PG Clone without changing anything and started the plex container again. It now seems to work. even my missing TV-Shows are now scanned as they should.

Thank you and have a great day
Tim

Edit:
A few Seconds after I wrote this the Sectio TDrive - mount went Back to unoperational in pgui... No warnings appear in the warning Box on pgui... How can I debug this?

Last edited:
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

TFahrner

Blitz 3rd Class
Some more info i gathered.
When I redeploy PG Clone everything is fine and I can play my files (see the first screenshot)
pgui_operational.png
After some time (or maybe doing read operations on the drive is the cause) it changes to TDrive-Mount not operational (see second screenshot)
pgui_unoperational.png

There are more tools involved in PG Clone than just rclone right?
Where/How can I see the logs of the different tools involved in mounting?
Or which tool is responsible for this TDrive-Mount section that goes bad?

BR
Tim

Update:
dont know if this is relevant but "service pgblitz status" gives me some "PGBlitz bash[732]: cat: write error: Broken pipe" Errors

Last edited:
M

MrDoob

Can you write please your specua about the server *?*

sudo apt-get install htop -yqq && htop

Please make a screen about this

TFahrner

Blitz 3rd Class
Hope this helps...
It is a 2 VCPU 4GB ram with 40gb ssd Vserver not the best I know and you recommend 80gb hdd but my library till now isnt that big...
Or is this to bad?

BR
Tim
By the way earlier this day I was able to watch ~20min of a TV show and it still did work (but I had to leave) dont know why... But this makes it less reproducable what is bad I think...

M

MrDoob

Not really .

But the cores and the ram save are okay.

Maybe the reason is a bad peering from VServer to Google .

Or the keys , or api bann .

To many factors.

Maybe plex transcode .
Run out of space

TFahrner

Blitz 3rd Class
@MrDoob
Thank you for your effort. I understand that there are too many possible causes for the issue.
Just a little update the server seems to run stable as long as I dont scan library files. I had it running over the weekend and checked the status a few times via pgui and everything was operational. Yesterday I had time to watch some TV Shows for ~2-3 hours and it was pretty stable so everything was fine. Then I started a library scan (for debug purposes to see if it will kill tdrive mount again) and it almost instantly switched to unavailable. Maybe this hint can restrict the possible causes a bit more... Some operation during the scanning process seems to kill it.

TFahrner

Blitz 3rd Class
Some update to this...
It was all fine till yesterday when I added a TV Show and did a library Scan. (added some shows and movies before without having trouble)
My new TV Show did show up but all my others disappeared. They where not only shown as not available but they were removed from my library.
So I checked pgui and saw that tdrive was down again.
now this happens as soon as I start a library scan.

Today I wanted to check again because the last time the problems were gone without doing anything.
tdrive stays in operational state but now all my rclones (Union, GDrive and TDrive) are broken.

really weird behavior.

Were there any updates that may cause this problems? or could it be that the new TV Show has some errors that cause this? Did try removing this show but did not help. (maybe sth. cached?)

Hope that I dont need to transcode every TV Show again if it will work again some day...

BR
Tim

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.