What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Move from PGMove to PGBlitz

giannakis

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
Donor
PG Version
Mount Type
Move Unencrypted
Server Type
Google - GCE
Hello all,

Currently I'm using gdrive (pgmove) because at first the daily 750gb limit seems reasonable to me!
To be honest it still seems reasonable (most of the days) and enough for me however the limited upload speed is killing me!
So i'm thinking to "upgrade" to pgblitz (tdrive) if possible.

I read that first I have to move the folders/files to the Team Drives section of google drive. Is this correct?
How should I proceed then?

Currently I'm running a feeder GCE and another PLEX server.

Thank you all!

M

MrDoob

nope ..

T/Gdrive is included in PGunion

you can use monday = pgmove // thuesday = pgblitz and on sunday back to pgmove

you dont need to move the folders or any files

you deploy another option and all works

giannakis

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
Donor
So the first step is to deploy tdrive?
And I can use both options at the same time?

What if I want to fully transition from pgmove to pgblitz? Is that an option?

M

MrDoob

you can deploy gdrive and tdrive

so you can use twice

one week pgmove

and the another week pgmove

only the transport is another bash file .

for TDrive = PGblitz
for GDrive = PGMove

but all files are landing on /mnt/unionfs/your folder locations

FileLife

Blitz 3rd Class
FreeLancer
Sorry to push this post again, but I'm a little bit confused about how to migrate from GDrive to TDrive or if it is even necesarry.

Where will my files be uploaded when I switch over to PGBlitz (tdrive)?
Currently I'm using PGMove and my files are encrypted.
I wanna use only PGBlitz in the future (for my feeder and the streaming server). Or will the place where the files are stored be the same as before on gdrive? I don't want to have two different file locations for my media.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Hello all,

Currently I'm using gdrive (pgmove) because at first the daily 750gb limit seems reasonable to me!
To be honest it still seems reasonable (most of the days) and enough for me however the limited upload speed is killing me!
Why not just increase the upload cap if 750GB/day is enough?

FileLife

Blitz 3rd Class
FreeLancer
Why not just increase the upload cap if 750GB/day is enough?
Maybe I'm having the same problem:
I'm just not satisfied with the upload speeds (about 300 Mbit insteads of 1 Gbit possible). How can I change that or do I have to use teamdrive for this?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Maybe I'm having the same problem:
I'm just not satisfied with the upload speeds (about 300 Mbit insteads of 1 Gbit possible). How can I change that or do I have to use teamdrive for this?
You chose to use encrypted, my unencrypted uploads ate at 400Mbit+ without issue, is your connectivity shared? can you actually do more?

FileLife

Blitz 3rd Class
FreeLancer
You chose to use encrypted, my unencrypted uploads ate at 400Mbit+ without issue, is your connectivity shared? can you actually do more?
Figured it out now, just checked my rclone settings, I messed it up there. Getting 550-600 Mbit on my dedicated Hetzner machine now (Is someone getting a better upload with another hoster tho? Or is encryption the bottleneck here?). That's okay for me.
Just curious if it's possible to just migrate all files of my gcrypt to tcrypt without any issues and how it would be possible. I know it works fine just with unionfs, but I want all files to be in one place. Some ideas how I can realise that without messing up my library?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
I - like the overwhelming majority of people here - don't use encryption, but when I moved between Gdrive and team drives, I just used the web interface and it worked quickly and easily. Realistically living within 750GB/day isn't a problem for most, the novelty of counting data cap's soon wears off as the years role by, initially I can see why you'd want to grow your collection, most of us are now maintaining ongoing things and getting others as they appear rather than back filling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending