What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Move data from local server (linux, lxc)

PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Encrypted
Server Type
Other
Hi.
Quick tip if you have an existing server running a somewhat recent flavour of linux.

I had a large amount of data in my libraries and needed to somewhat quickly get the data uploaded.
What I did was create an lxc container and install pg in that. Since I am running proxmox on top of debian the following applies to that but read
and you can probably figure it out for raw lxc.
Or install proxmox...either way.

Edit the lxc config file and add
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/fuse dev/fuse none bind,create=file
as you need the fuse-device or pg wont work. (Never do this under normal circumstances as this is a bad thing to do, breaks a few things)

Make sure you got the proper permissions for all your data. pg will want to move the data, that is copy + delete.
As I could not not be bothered I just did
chmod -R 777 /mnt/media

Add the mount points to the config file
mp0: /mnt/media/movies,mp=/mnt/move/movies
next is mp1, then 2 ...

Start the container and you should now have your existing media library mounted in the folder pg will monitor and automatically upload from.
Maybe, just maybe give it a dry run on something less important and verify the file uploads ok. Or dont.
It worked fine for me.

Performance is pretty much as high as it can get. The data is not moved anywhere except directly to google.

You could of course just install pg directly on the server but I had plenty of other things there that I did not want to accidentaly mess up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Development Donations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors