What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion /mnt/move does not clean itself up after files get copied over to /mnt/unionfs

bizort

PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Encrypted
Server Type
Local - Dedicated Server
Hi all,

I am new to this so pardon some of my ignorance. I've done about two full days of googling for this issue and tried several things

I have installed just a couple of days ago (I am using team drives - encrypted) and my first couple of directories uploaded just fine and the files disappeared from /mnt/move, as it should. My issue now is that nothing is disappearing out of /mnt/move

I have found an earlier thread in which someone found that checking the contents of /var/plexguide/rclone/deploy.version displayed null or the wrong version. Mine displayed gdrive. I changed this to tcrypt and redeployed. This hasn't changed anything for me as of yet.

I've redeployed several times

My data IS copying across to google, though, or so it seems. Plex is picking up most of it so I think that part is working. My issue is that I don't want to delete anything from the local drive (my server is dedicated and in my house, rather than a VPS or anything like that) as I figured it may screw up the process.

I am not moving torrents or anything like that. All of my data is on external drives and I am simply FTPing them from the external drives into /mnt/move appropriately (movies into /movies, tv into /tv) and once they are in /mnt/unionfs From there, I am moving them into subdirectories and, in some cases, renaming them. I'm not sure if this is screwing up the process and would like some direction with this as well. I have two subdirectories within /mnt/move called 4k and non4k that I was dropping these files into and have also tried dropping them into /mnt/move itself. As I said, they'll copy over into /mnt/unionfs, no matter where I drop them into within /mnt/move but then /mnt/move does not clean itself up

Any and all help is appreciated

bizort

Sorry I left out a detail that may not be necessary but still

I have two subdirectories within /mnt/move/movies called 4k and non4k

I also have two subdirectories within /mnt/move/tv called 4k and non4k

Also:

I've noticed the permissions are different between the files that uploaded and then disappeared from move correctly and those that uploaded and then never disappeared from move. See the attached picture. Seasons 1-4 are the ones that worked as they should and then the later seasons are still sitting in /mnt/move. This screenshot is /mnt/unionfs/tv/non4k/tvshowname

Attachments

Last edited:

Xployt

Did you create new categories in your downloading client? Also how long are you giving the clean up process?
The time in which this occurs can be found in options under clone settings.

Chazaroo1980

Not sure on the exact issue your experiencing but I wouldn't transfer files into move directly. because almost instantly they are heading out. You'll end up with a corrupt file. Transfer into incomplete, then move to move.

Chazaroo1980

Thinking about it, this is probably your issue. and you may want to check the stuff thats already transferred. end to end.

Chazaroo1980

I found this out by accident using rutorrent and auto unpack. because rutorrent doesn't unpack in incomplete then move to move afterwards I was ending up with incomplete files where it unpacked slower then it uploaded

bizort

Did you create new categories in your downloading client? Also how long are you giving the clean up process?
The time in which this occurs can be found in options under clone settings.
Clean up is set to 600, which I think is the default. I don't remember changing this.

I've had a fairly big queue of films sitting in /mnt/move since about 36 hours ago and the list did shrink by about 20 so maybe it's working after all, just slowly. There's still ~100 movies sitting in move and 5 tv shows (the tv shows have not shrunk at all). All of these have transferred over to unionfs and plex seems to have found and scanned them successfully; they're just still sitting in move

I'm not sure what you mean by new categories in downloading client. I've read elsewhere you can create custom categories (categories meaning new directories within /mnt/ ?) but I didn't see where I could do that in pgblitz. I ended up just making a couple of subdirectories within /mnt/movies/ and things did transfer over but maybe that's (one of my) problem(s)?

bizort

Not sure on the exact issue your experiencing but I wouldn't transfer files into move directly. because almost instantly they are heading out. You'll end up with a corrupt file. Transfer into incomplete, then move to move.
They have to get moved into move at some point, though. I'm FTPing them over my local network at about 65-70 MiB/s into /mnt/move so they're getting into move much faster than they have time to transfer to unionfs. I'm not sure that this is the issue but I'll try that out with my next file. There seems to be a huge backlog, though

I haven't played a full film from this library yet. I've connected, played a few titles for a couple of seconds to make sure it's working but not in its entirety. Maybe I'll do that today just to make sure about what you're saying

bizort

Ok I think I've found a log file /var/plexguide/logs/pgblitz.log that has answered my questions

I ran a tail -f on it and found that it's indeed doing something and it's right around the area at which I'm finding /mnt/move is at in making my files disappear so I think I'm just being impatient and overrating my fiber connection. It's transferring, just not at the speed I thought it was. It's only transferring at around 500k/s but that answers my primary question. edit: I think it's running about 6-8 transfers at once and at 500k/s on each so it's actually moving pretty quickly. Again, being impatient.

Secondarily, within plex I've linked, for example, my non4k movie library to /mnt/unionfs/movies/non4k and that's bringing up everything in Plex but, as I said before, a great deal of my media is still in transit so I'm wondering where my media is actually being read from in plex now. I've tried to pull up a movie in Plex that hasn't transferred over to tcrypt yet and it plays just fine. So is /mnt/unionfs playing from my local server here at home or from google? Because it seems like it's playing locally. Or do I need to link plex to /mnt/tcrypt instead? Everything I've read has said unionfs is where I should link plex to

Thank you again for all of your help. I'm googling and getting partial answers to my questions but not 100% what I need so I apologize for probable total newbness

Last edited:

bizort

Would unionfs mean that, being that it's a union of all of these drives as I understand it, would link to my local drive until it's fully transferred and encrypted and then at that point it will point to the remote location?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.