What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Manually adding downloads to rutorrent - how to move?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

boganslayer

Respected Member
Donor
I've been having a couple minor issues with sonarr not picking up a few full seasons for some odd reason so I've had to manually add it to rutorrent.

I didn't put it in any specific directory - just downloaded in the default.

How do i move the files to g-suite and match them up to sonarr.

I'm a linux noob - current location of folder/files is /mnt/rutorrent/downloads

What is the command to move the specific folder or files to /mnt/move/tv or is there something else i need to do?

MrSweet1991

It will do it automatically I believe, don't change the default download paths as the script have been designed to look into those directories.

In Sonarr/Radarr they both have a "system" link and if you look at the size of /mnt/ you should see after your download it reduces by x amount and then shortly after your space goes back up due to rclone moving it from downloads to /mnt/move

boganslayer

Respected Member
Donor
It will do it automatically I believe, don't change the default download paths as the script have been designed to look into those directories.

In Sonarr/Radarr they both have a "system" link and if you look at the size of /mnt/ you should see after your download it reduces by x amount and then shortly after your space goes back up due to rclone moving it from downloads to /mnt/move

Not sure it will as i'm looking into /mnt/move and the ones I manually added aren't in there. I'll give it some time - but open to suggestions.

S

subse7en

Use manual import in the wanted menu and point it to /mnt/unionfs/downloader/category

Remember torrents are copied always, never moved. You have to manually deal with torrents yourself or setup seeding and removing rules in your torrent client

Many times people just assume since it's sitting in downloads it must have not uploaded it, which is wrong in the case of torrents. They are copied so the download in the download folder will exist unless you remove it

When you use manual import, hover over any red exclaimation icons to see reasons why it wouldn't normally import the file.

Common reasons: file size is lower than the threshold for the quality. File size is lower than the existing file. Sometimes it fails to detect the movie, usually happens when manually adding downloads w/o arr.

There's fakes going around on nzbgeek and other indexers too.

boganslayer

Respected Member
Donor
Use manual import in the wanted menu and point it to /mnt/unionfs/downloader/category

Remember torrents are copied always, never moved. You have to manually deal with torrents yourself or setup seeding and removing rules in your torrent client

Many times people just assume since it's sitting in downloads it must have not uploaded it, which is wrong in the case of torrents. They are copied so the download in the download folder will exist unless you remove it

When you use manual import, hover over any red exclaimation icons to see reasons why it wouldn't normally import the file.

Common reasons: file size is lower than the threshold for the quality. File size is lower than the existing file. Sometimes it fails to detect the movie, usually happens when manually adding downloads w/o arr.

There's fakes going around on nzbgeek and other indexers too.
Thank you for the respones - ive run into the below issue in sonarr log -

Code:
Couldn't import episode /mnt/unionfs/rutorrent/Dragon Ball Z Season 2/Dragonball.Z.-.074.-.1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv: Access to the path "/mnt/unionfs/tv/Dragon Ball Z/Season 2" is denied.
As i open it under exception is this :

Code:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/mnt/unionfs/tv/Dragon Ball Z/Season 2" is denied.
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x0005e] in <04750267503a43e5929c1d1ba19daf3e>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x0008f] in <04750267503a43e5929c1d1ba19daf3e>:0
  at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.CreateFolder (System.String path) [0x00048] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:180
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.CreateFolder (System.String directoryName) [0x0007a] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:206
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.EnsureEpisodeFolder (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series, System.Int32 seasonNumber, System.String filePath) [0x00098] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:176
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.EnsureEpisodeFolder (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode localEpisode, System.String filePath) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:149
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.MoveEpisodeFile (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode localEpisode) [0x0003e] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:77
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.UpgradeMediaFileService.UpgradeEpisodeFile (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode localEpisode, System.Boolean copyOnly) [0x0017c] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\UpgradeMediaFileService.cs:76
  at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] decisions, System.Boolean newDownload, NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportMode importMode) [0x00281] in M:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:108

S

subse7en

I bet if you stop the pgunion service you'll see that folder still under unionfs. The which means it was created when your mounts were down.

You should redeploy your mounts as it will force the right permissions. I highly recommend you do that as it probably will solve your issues

MrSweet1991

I bet if you stop the pgunion service you'll see that folder still under unionfs. The which means it was created when your mounts were down.

You should redeploy your mounts as it will force the right permissions. I highly recommend you do that as it probably will solve your issues
To redeploy mounts is it just a case of restarting pgunion? the reason I ask is I restarted a few containers (was trying to get NZBHydra to update) and all of a sudden Sonarr couldn't access folders for moving, I had to manually go to portainer > Sonarr > Shell > "chroot -R abc:abc /mnt/downloads/tv" and all the other folders it accesses as I wasn't sure how to remount with correct permissions.

S

subse7en

To redeploy mounts is it just a case of restarting pgunion? the reason I ask is I restarted a few containers (was trying to get NZBHydra to update) and all of a sudden Sonarr couldn't access folders for moving, I had to manually go to portainer > Sonarr > Shell > "chroot -R abc:abc /mnt/downloads/tv" and all the other folders it accesses as I wasn't sure how to remount with correct permissions.

um wow you screwed that up.

No when I say redeploy mounts I mean run plexguide and go to mount menu then run deploy. Doing that should fix the permissions.

Manually

chown 1000:1000 -R /mnt/....
chmod 755 -R /mnt/....

MrSweet1991

um wow you screwed that up.

No when I say redeploy mounts I mean run plexguide and go to mount menu then run deploy. Doing that should fix the permissions.

Manually

chown 1000:1000 -R /mnt/....
chmod 755 -R /mnt/....
Haha I'm such a noob I know! but learn from your mistakes as they say :ROFLMAO:

So can I just clarify a few things, the command I wrote above did actually fix my permission issues for sonarr, but your command is a lot different and I was just wondering if you could elaborate a little?

who is 1000:1000? I believe this refers to UID/GID rather than usernames so is 1000 the username abc? because that's who appears to be the owner for those directories that sonarr uses (/mnt/downloads../

And one last thing, I read to update a program you just "restart it in portainer" but from my understanding that really fluffs up nzbget which if I'm understanding right is due to the folders not mounting with the correct permissions? So if you restart sonarr would you have to re-deploy the mounts after?

Thanks!

S

subse7en

You have a few things wrong.

1000:1000 is preferred because it's not a gaurantee to be abc:abc to your system or container.

If you set watchtower in the settings your apps will update once a day. The only way apps update is you reinstall/redeploy the app or use watchtower. Restarting in portainer doesn't update it ...

You don't need to redeploy mounts when restarting apps, however if you make certain file system changes, you might need to restart the app for it to see the new folders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.