What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Lots of Partial Files on TDrive

Methanoid

Blitz 1st Class
PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - VPS
Every time I have a browse via SSH and Midnight Commander I see lots of .partial files on my TDrive. Is this expected behaviour and is there any reason why Blitz cannot remove those over a certain age when it is run? or do we need a cleanup script?

Methanoid

Blitz 1st Class
PGBlitz exempts this. I haven't seen this issue I. Quite a long time. Have you tested.on another box?
This is my 4th from scratch build (2 on Hetzner and 2 on Netcup) and I still have partial files. It is POSSIBLE they are old files from earlier builds but I obviously need to get rid of them.

Is there a simple find/delete command I need to run to zap them all and then I will know any more I find are 100% definite new ones (I installed 8.6.3 on this build from day 1). ??

M

MrDoob

Can you post an file name. So we can --exclude this for the update.

Bash:
find /mnt/unionfs/ -name "*.partial" -type f

Methanoid

Blitz 1st Class
Example file:

./tv/tv_live/Deadliest Catch/Deadliest Catch - S15E03 - Swarm Chasers - WEBDL-720p.mkv.partial~

I just worked out for myself how to delete them en mass so have done so with this (for my own future reference!)

find . -type f -name "**partial~" -exec rm -f {} \;

M

MrDoob

dont use --> find . -type f -name "**partial~" -exec rm -f {} \;

the . > is for / all folders

specify the folder

the code muste the run as

find /mnt/unionfs/ -type f -name "**partial~" -exec rm -f {} \;

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.