What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Lost SSH Key to my OneProvider PGBlitz server

JaksLax

Donor
So my laptop SSD died last week, and I needed to reinstall OSX on a new drive. On my old drive I had ssh key setup to ssh into my PGBlitz OneProvider server. Now trying to SSH into my server, I forgot the username I had, and my IP got banned by Fail2Ban, and cant access my server. I have been trying on different IP's to log in but only get 3 chances before I get ban. I forgot how many days I ban the IP's, but my home IP has been banned since Friday and I still can't use it again. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get in some way to at least look at the /home directory to find what user name I was using? There is no way to use the console from a docker to get into the server file system that I am not aware of is there? I really do not want to have to rebuild my server just because I cant remember a user name. Thanks in advance.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
So pgblitz runs on permissions 1000:1000, so it's usually tied to whatever the default username is. Can you use portainer and use one of your containers to maybe access some of your directory. The only problem is nothing runs root, so unsure if you can Sitever it or not.

Porkie

Staff
You can not use containers because they have their own user set and can not read host users. Thats kind of the good things about containers hence the name and the point of using them, they are contained environments.

JaksLax

Donor
I was finally able to get back in. I put a SSH app on my phone and used that to get different IP's to finally figure out what username I set. I forgot linux user names are case sensitive. Thanks for the suggestions.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I was finally able to get back in. I put a SSH app on my phone and used that to get different IP's to finally figure out what username I set. I forgot linux user names are case sensitive. Thanks for the suggestions.
smart!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.