What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Looking for a recommendation for Online Server

mdisturbed

I am looking to move back to cloud server for my Plexguide setup. Previously played the GCE shell game every month but that got old real quick. So I moved the setup to on prem, however now I am looking for a new server host company that is relatively cheap. My requirements are at least 1 TB of HDD space, FULL root access so I can setup PGBlitz and be around 25.00 a month. Plex will be running but I force Direct Play on all streams. Thank you for any guidance.

Jay

mdisturbed

Hetzner Server Auction is probably your best bet. I looked and the cheapest they have a 1TB server for is 27 Euro. You can look for servers by visiting, https://www.hetzner.com/sb

Another option is the start level servers from online.net. They have 1TB servers for under 20 euro but they use the c750 processor. I have no idea how well that will run plex. I used them as a seedbox in the past. https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server#anchor-start
Thanks for the quick reply, is there a country I should stay away from? I thought I read online that the German servers are sluggish when streaming.

UncleBuck

Staff
Thanks for the quick reply, is there a country I should stay away from? I thought I read online that the German servers are sluggish when streaming.
When it comes to Hetzner I much prefer the Germany servers. I had the Finland server and had all kinds of speed issues. I know many here on this forum have agreed with me on this.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Development Donations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors