What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Library Files Missing Suddenly

Flashmage

PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Encrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Sorry in advance if posting in the wrong place!

My Hetz server recently went down - I've rebooted it and all the data is still there. However, my Plex Movie Library now shows only 185 titles, whereas before it was showing near to 2000.

All other libraries are as normal. I've checked the UnionFS drive and all the movies are still there. Anyway to get them loaded back in without re-scanning?

Cheers in advance!

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
It's more than likely that gdrive became unmounted so Plex automatically started deleting files it couldn't find anymore.

Unfortunately the only options for getting everything back in to plex are:
1. Restore a recent backup of Plex if you have one, this restores the plex database with all of the movie information
2. Re-scan Plex

The only real way to avoid this in future is not to run incremental scans of Plex. You could disable auto emptying of the trash on scan too but I've found that once Plex has marked something as being gone then you can't really get it back "out" of the trash anyway so I end up emptying and re-scanning.

Flashmage

Thanks for your reply.

That's annoying. Why are all the other libraries still okay?

How do I find a backup if I have one? I suspect I may. Obviously this would be my better option as a scan will take ages...

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
Thanks for your reply.

That's annoying. Why are all the other libraries still okay?

How do I find a backup if I have one? I suspect I may. Obviously this would be my better option as a scan will take ages...
If you do have a backup it'll be located in PGvault, I think it's number 7 when you run pgblitz but just double check.

Plex can only scan one library at a time so it's likely that it had been going through your movies library and if left Sitennected long enough it would have emptied your TV shows too

Flashmage

Jesus! Glad I caught it then! I have about six libraries so big relief!

I'll have a look a bit, I'm sure I set Blitz to backup.

Flashmage

I've also just realised that when I got up this morning, UnionFS wasn't deployed, so actually you're spot on. I restarted the server last night, so it must have had around 15 hours to scan whilst UnionFS wasn't deployed. That's probably enough time for it to have got rid of most of the movies whilst keeping everything else!

vFlagR

Respected Member
Staff
I've also just realised that when I got up this morning, UnionFS wasn't deployed, so actually you're spot on. I restarted the server last night, so it must have had around 15 hours to scan whilst UnionFS wasn't deployed. That's probably enough time for it to have got rid of most of the movies whilst keeping everything else!
Bingo.

I've woken up to a cleared Plex before too, I feel you buddy. I recommend setting up radarr and sonarr to notify Plex of new files and turning off automatic Plex scanning, better safe than sorry!

P.s. can you mark this thread as solved, please :)

Attachments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.