What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Is it possible to use mergerfs to pool multiple rclone remotes in effort to get round API limits?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

hooper

Legendary Member
Staff
Donor
I ran across this message on the rclone forum https://forum.rclone.org/t/advantage-of-new-union-remote/7049/50?u=ookla-ariel-ride and thought it was an interesting idea.

basically, the question is about pooling together multiple rclone remotes, each using different credentials, in a single union filesystem with the 'random' search option enabled. To me this sounds like what we have done for years using web load balancers to distribute access to the webserver to distribute load and increase scalability - in this case it would be to distribute API calls using different accounts to get around API limits.

PG Blitz does a great job of getting around this limit for moving files to the tdrive, but tools like bazarr, sonarr, radarr, etc. scan the s*hit out of the mount and have caused me to start hitting API limits lately.

any thoughts on if this might actually work?

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
not really. what you can do is ensure that you turn off analyze video in radarr and sonarr (which is a big one). in pgclone 8.6, i'm putting some number vars you can set that may assist also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors