Initial Lidarr Impressions

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
So many off us have across various forums that talk about Lidarr. Almost sounds like an odd ball cousin of Radarr and Sonarr. If that is what you were thinking, you are not wrong. I held off on it for quite awhile due to how poorly headphones performed, but I cannot complain about what is for free.

Lidarr has a very streamlined interface that makes it easy to use. Most of the options are the same as with Radarr and Sonarr. Adding indexers and newsgroups is a painless process. The rumor is that interfacemMay become a new interface for Radarr and Sonarr. It’s worth testing out and I am glad that I did not hold out. If using newsgroups, it works well if you sign up for the headphones indexer subscription.

If using the torrent side, let us know how it works out for you. You can easily deploy Lidarr with PlexGuide through port 8686.

Visit the Lidarr GitHub Project @ https://github.com/lidarr/Lidarr
Visit the PlexGuide GitHub Project @ https://github.com/Admin9705/PlexGuide.com-The-Awesome-Plex-Server

View attachment 80
Quick ScreenShot of Lidarr

Last edited:

hikaricore

Blitz Noob
The caveat here is that if you need any sort of track conversion at all, you're going to have to write your own post-processing scripts. Lidarr doesn't have them, and from what I've heard asking around, may not have them by default. Headphones with all its flaws is superior there. Probably wouldn't be too hard to convert the Headphones scripts to work with Lidarr though, just extra steps for normal folks who probably aren't looking to do that.

Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
The caveat here is that if you need any sort of track conversion at all, you're going to have to write your own post-processing scripts. Lidarr doesn't have them, and from what I've heard asking around, may not have them by default. Headphones with all its flaws is superior there. Probably wouldn't be too hard to convert the Headphones scripts to work with Lidarr though, just extra steps for normal folks who probably aren't looking to do that.
That is true. I never used headphones to that extent and there are a few things missing. Starting from scratch, it's pretty good. I hope to see their continued development. I remember when radarr came out, I was like this is going to be a nut roll; but been using it and left couchpotato in the dust.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Trending