Discussion I on a quest to find an EU server

chyllyphylly

Blitz Noob
Original poster
Hi all, I’m looking for a vps to do this plexguide thingy, I’ll be using Gsuite for storage

It’ll mainly be used to download box sets and movies for just me, (and partner) to watch.. pc is on its last legs. Won’t be using 4K as I can’t tell the difference.

I did get a Hetzmer dedicated yesterday, but I thought that was overkill, and it’ll be cheaper to buy the box sets, so cancelled it.

Can someone point be in the right direction?

Cheers

timetrex

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
I use a VPS from contabo. Not too bothered now with Plex. Just direct playing everything with Kodi and the gdrive add on. Does the job. I think Kodi better media player. I use it with the Nvidia shield.

Reactions: SirTranceALoT

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Legioner
Staff
The cloud servers from Hetzner are a cheaper alternative to the dedi's. Maybe look into that?

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Have u checked out netcup.de? Cheap, good and reliable. Sometimes they have good offers.
If u need a voucher let me know got some discounts (not affillated with netcup)

Ps: look at the server quest thread and search for benchmarks. There are plenty of them arround here

Reactions: gadgethome

gadgethome

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Have u checked out netcup.de? Cheap, good and reliable. Sometimes they have good offers.
If u need a voucher let me know got some discounts (not affillated with netcup)

Ps: look at the server quest thread and search for benchmarks. There are plenty of them arround here
Is the voucher for the 1st month only or for the full contract?
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.