What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion I need a new server

Nigel

Staff
Donor
Hello,

When i am with Hetzner i got alot of copyright and abuse mails. Im looking for a good dedicated server which also can transcode x265 1080p files and with a budget around 40 p/m.

I had a hetzner server with 32 gb ram i7 2600k

pentaganos

The reason you are getting copyright emails is because you are torrenting with public trackers. Either use private trackers or use usenet. Another option you could do if you don't mind setting it up is DelugeVPN or RutorrentVPN.

Pent

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Hello,

When i am with Hetzner i got alot of copyright and abuse mails. Im looking for a good dedicated server which also can transcode x265 1080p files and with a budget around 40 p/m.

I had a hetzner server with 32 gb ram i7 2600k
If you stay away and just use all NZBs, it's worth it in the end!

Nigel

Staff
Donor
If you stay away and just use all NZBs, it's worth it in the end!
I mostly do use usenet haha. But I have also two private torrent trackers. Would this private trackers be safe or not. Because private trackers could have moles to ?

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I mostly do use usenet haha. But I have also two private torrent trackers. Would this private trackers be safe or not. Because private trackers could have moles to ?
I never understand why people purchase private trackers. Anybody can somewhat get in. One account and they just mass harvest IPs.

Miguel

Staff
Donor
I've always thought about swapping to usenet but where i'm from ISPs couldn't give a flying bird about what you're downloading, so i can download from public/private trackers all day long, is there any point in moving to usenet?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
I've always thought about swapping to usenet but where i'm from ISPs couldn't give a flying bird about what you're downloading, so i can download from public/private trackers all day long, is there any point in moving to usenet?
Based on the limited information available, legally probably not, logically yes. Your hosting provider wants an easy life, you may not have any legal implications where you reside, but you can still have your server pulled and/or your account with the hosting provider blocked. It’s easier to either move to news, or use a VPN.

As to ‘private’ trackers, that’s like saying anything you post on social media is private, you can lock it down so only your friends can see it, but realistically that she no guarantee.

Nigel

Staff
Donor
I just use usenet now with SSL on my server and haven't got an abuse mail anymore. Everythings work great :D

Miguel

Staff
Donor
Based on the limited information available, legally probably not, logically yes. Your hosting provider wants an easy life, you may not have any legal implications where you reside, but you can still have your server pulled and/or your account with the hosting provider blocked. It’s easier to either move to news, or use a VPN.

As to ‘private’ trackers, that’s like saying anything you post on social media is private, you can lock it down so only your friends can see it, but realistically that she no guarantee.
Thanks for the reply. I was running everything from home on 100Mb/s down and 10Mb/s up, since using PG i've been renting a dedibox to ensure it all works reliably with a fast connection and multiple users. It has worked great so within the next couple months i'll be upgradingto 1Gb/s down and 100Mb/s up at home and using my server here again, as i said my ISP doesn't care about what i do.
I think i'll have a look into usenet anyway though as after having a quick read about it the high speeds and no requirement to seed is quite appealing. Any recommended usenet providors to start out with?

flicker-rate

Respected Member
so within the next couple months i'll be upgradingto 1Gb/s down and 100Mb/s up at home
Just know that you'll likely be able to saturate your gigabit line with the proper usenet setup... as long as your disk can catch up. An single HDD won't cut it if you want to achieve those speeds due to the nature of NZB's unpacking and repairing processes.

Usenet server is fairly cheap. They're a highwinds reseller though (meaning auto-DMCA's) , so you might want want a block account with it.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Which block account do you prefer?
If you have a look at the who's who thread, it lists who's DMCA compliant and who isn't, my advice is to try a few non DMCA compliant hosts, test the speeds and see what works for you.

Ledgic

i use nzbs and private trackers on my hetzner although i dont leave the torrents running as soon as its snatched i remove it as i have a one provider seedbox that does my seeding for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.