What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion I Just got shut down by spectrum

hooper

Legendary Member
Staff
Donor
Unless google is reporting them no it wont, they must be using DPI to see domains active and encrypted mode wont make a difference as the traffic will still flow to google. They cant see what you are doing on google domains due to basic things like https.
This is a good point - traffice destined to google drive is HTTPS and cannot be easily snooped. I still maintain that using encrypted remote is the best thing to do, but I am incorrect in saying it protects you from this sort of snooping/hashing of in-transit files.

Watty

"your first message states you used torrenting containers. now you say you don't."

i didnt type that i put plex guide there. it says was edited by the moderater at 8:48 i posted it around 6:00 to 6:30
also at 7:43 i posted "they saw my server and thought i was torrenting"

Moose

Staff
Sounds like they weren’t happy about the near 3tb a month you were uploading. Couldn’t hit that on the connections here uploading at max speed 24/7 lol

For now I’d just get a cheap seedbox to use as a feeder for gdrive.

Rasha

Donor
Just out of curiosity, why did you let them inside the house in the first place?

I mean if they had a strong motive that you were trying to do something that could breach your contract with them, then that'd be fine otherwise don't let anyone inside. lol

I had a similar experience with my Verizon Fios, I simply mentioned that it's part of my work (like having family member whos blogging and such and is uploading 4k raw footage to our google cloud and gave them a link to old fake footage and they bought it.)

Also, make sure to use reverse proxy on your server, or if you have a good switch then setup a static IP for your server and point it behind an SSL certificate which could help a lot.

Last edited:

designator09

Spectrum never makes house calls, PERIOD. If you call them and need a tech you will get one. If you break the rules and get dmca notifications first two are emails. 3-5 are modem quarantines where you have to call our security team (csoc) and plead your case, say you wont mess up again and they will remove it. 6th time you lost internet privileges for a year.
We do not have quota or monthly allowances. Before I worked for the company I was always one of the people who used most of the bandwidth. The only people who have access to how much data someone is using are NOC and CSOC. I have been uploading 5 to about 10 max if constantly maxing out our limited upload for last 6 months straight.
I have since moved to 1G fiber from att.
Story is pure fabrication, but I will say this. Spectrum are looking at additional quarantines (modem blocks) for accessing popular rss feeds. So even if you are using a secure site for nzbs, if you don't use a secure dns server and/or a vpn they will see your pulling rss feeds and shut you down anyways with out a dmca notification.
ALL WITHOUT SENDING ANYONE TO YOUR HOUSE.

watchmeexplode5

Story doesn't seem to add up. I'm not saying it's not true but I know two users on spectrum that average 10+tb a month with no issue/warning. As mentioned above, https will only show your provider that you are using X amount of data up/down. It will not show what files.

17tb/6 months is achievable with heavy home use (1-2 hours of 4k game streaming/day and a family using 4k netflix frequently could get close to that). If it was 75-100+tb of data this situation would be more believable.

Encrypting in google shouldn't effect this situations safety what-so-ever (mostly just hurts googles servers because they can't de-dupe files). To my knowledge google has never reported single users with copyright claims unless their was sharing/selling of the media uploaded. The majority of users rcloning (via pgblitz or other popular solutions) don't encrypt and have never had this issue. Story just sound off/tech was lying to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.