How to handle torrents?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

MrSweet1991

Blitz Sergeant
Original poster
HI All,

so on the rare occasion that NZBGeeks doesn't have what I want they downloads will come from IPT and download in Qbittorrent, has anybody came across a way to streamline the torrent deletion from /mnt/downloads/qbittorrent/ once they've been copied by R-Cone?

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
S

subse7en

By default they will automatically remove it after it hits a ratio or a Time on it just change it to your preferences. You may be able to do it on the arr side

nachobel

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
At least in rutorrent, you can make a rule so once uploading hits X%, Y happens. You can configure Y to be “delete file”. Arr will copy the file when it’s finished, so should be good to go.

Reactions: Admin9705

UncleBuck

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
For years I was using arr with uTorrent. My experience was that if I set arr Download Handling as below then the download would delete from uTorrent history once seeding was completed and as a result the original files would also delete. I had uTorrent set to stop seeding after X ratio.

I only recently started using Linux and Deluge but my limited experience was the same. I set Deluge to stop seeding after X ratio and it would then delete the from the deluge history and the files as well.

Since moving to PG I have not used torrents but I do see the need and plan on playing this this soon.

1550126695711.png

risbo

Blitz 2nd Class
I've been using qbittorrent and just had 25 seeding torrents get deleted for whatever reason from the /mnt/downloads/qbittorrent folder.

They were all seeding happilythen the next morning (today) I went to check qbittorrent and everything is in error. I browse the /,nt/downloads/qbittorrent folder and its empty..

Thoughts? What logs can I provide?

bloodray

Blitz 3rd Class
Hi Risbo,

Same experience here with Deluge, qBittorrent and rutorrent!!! That's all of them now. The files are deleted every day. Something is seriously wrong. All the clients were set to ratios and time limits as triggers and these were not met. The files get deleted every day none the less. Torrent clients are rendered useless at this point. Too many hit and runs in the past few days to count.

Qlogic

Blitz Sergeant
I think i found the issue,

it is the clone clean

it is option 4

option 1

option c

option 4

default is 600 min which is 10 hours, which deletes files. just set mine to 28880 min 20 days

hope this works

Reactions: risbo and bloodray

bloodray

Blitz 3rd Class
Thanks! I have done this. Btw you should set it to 20160 for 14 days. Let's see if this fixes the issue.

risbo

Blitz 2nd Class
Thanks @Qlogic - Let's see how it goes, I've set it to 90 days as I'd rather have my torrent client look after the seed times etc..

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Can also confirm working adequately. Perhaps the wiki can be updated to include this for the torrent containers @Admin9705 ?
Anyone can edit the wiki. I would ask if you guys can because u use them; I'm pure usenet

kamos69

Blitz Sergeant
Donor
Man, I was wondering why Rutorrent downloads were disappearing.

I would suggest to rather exclude torrent folders from the cleanup script or only include usenet clients. I trust Rutorrent to clean up files with Ratio Rules, etc.

Maybe get the cleaner to ONLY clean nzbget:
find "/mnt/downloads/nzbget" -mindepth 1 -type f -cmin +$cleaner -size +1M -exec rm -rf {} \;

Or implement a usage based cleaner. I have implemented this on one of my previous feeder servers: https://github.com/kamos69/scripts/blob/master/checkdisk.sh

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
done fixxed

Last edited:

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
so boys for the torrent user is now a fix created from me

now all this folder will we excluded from the clonecleaner

you can also run the original time 120min or any else you want

so fix ist merged

pleas update your system now

any feedback can use help

this folder will be excluded for the torrent user now :

Bash:
qbittorrent
rutorrent
jd2-openvpn
jdownloader2
pyload
rflood-openvpn
rutorrent-openvpn
transmission-vpn
transmission-rss

Reactions: bloodray

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor

kamos69

Blitz Sergeant
Donor
so boys for the torrent user is now a fix created from me

now all this folder will we excluded from the clonecleaner

you can also run the original time 120min or any else you want

so fix ist merged

pleas update your system now

any feedback can use help

this folder will be excluded for the torrent user now :

Bash:
qbittorrent
rutorrent
jd2-openvpn
jdownloader2
pyload
rflood-openvpn
rutorrent-openvpn
transmission-vpn
transmission-rss
Has anyone confirmed that this worked? I just did a quick test using: find "/mnt/downloads" -mindepth 2 -type f -cmin +100 $(printf "! -name %s " $(cat /opt/pgclone/functions/exclude)) -size +1M and it didn't work. Rutorrent still showed up.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Trending