What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Home Server PGBlitz file access ONLY?

axlrod

PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Encrypted
Server Type
Local - Dedicated Server
I asked this in the Home Server category but now realize it should have been asked here and more concisely.

I have a VPS with blitz-encrypted. I also now have a local server that I want to access the same blitz-encrypted mount infrastructure (/mnt/tcrypt, /mnt/unionfs, etc) on, preferably with the convenience of pgmove.

Is this possible? Any guide or steps on how to set this up without risking what is working so well in the VPS?

fr0sty

Staff
Donor
Just set it up as you did before. Mount your encrypted rclone with same salts etc. I'm clearly missing something?

axlrod

Just set it up as you did before. Mount your encrypted rclone with same salts etc. I'm clearly missing something?
Oh, no, Sir and/or Ma'am, I am the one clearly missing something! I simply did not understand it would actually be that easy. I was nervous that if I tried that I might end up corrupting my tcrypt/tdrive by having 2 different installations looking at and working with the same encrypted team drive. Thank you, I will give it a try.

axlrod

Just because I am nervous, would someone please confirm that I should use the same Client ID and Secret that I am running in my VPS? The same with reusing the TDrive email shares I generated?

fr0sty

Staff
Donor
id/secret/email/salt all can be the same. New emails if you intend to upload a lot.

axlrod

So I have set this up and everything seems happy and if I create something new in /mnt/unionfs I eventually see it populate in /mnt/tcrypt. But I don't see all the files and directories that already exist. How do I see all my files populated on the VPS on the local server in /mnt/unionfs/movies? Which I would like to see, I assume, as hard links that were generated by pgmove.

It works so well on the initial VPS install but I am still trying to wrap my herad around the logic and how I can see on the local server what I can currently see on the VPS.

axlrod

Well, I really wish I could delete pointless messages. I had added a . to the encryption password. So far it seems to be working.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.