Hetzner Volume

Jstrawsine

Blitz 2nd Class
Original poster
Donor
What's up everyone?

I find myself continually deleting items left over under /mnt/downloads/nzbget, which causes disk space issues and then everything to stop working correctly.

Has anyone added volumes to their Hetzner VPS? The space issue is becoming a bit annoying, so I might be looking at other options if no one has gone this route.

designator09

Blitz 3rd Class
I have there 1tb nvme dedicated and run into the same issue all the time, It seems to be failed dls that dont move to the move folder.
I even set it up on failed dl to delete the files and still find them chilling in the nzbget, so every morning and night I just delete all and unpause.
If anyone has a fix for it or even an auto script that deletes items over lets say 1 hour old im all ears!

Jstrawsine

Blitz 2nd Class
Original poster
Donor
I have there 1tb nvme dedicated and run into the same issue all the time, It seems to be failed dls that dont move to the move folder.
I even set it up on failed dl to delete the files and still find them chilling in the nzbget, so every morning and night I just delete all and unpause.
If anyone has a fix for it or even an auto script that deletes items over lets say 1 hour old im all ears!
@designator09 I hear you man... I tried researching other threads and none of the solutions worked. For the life of me I was trying to utilize an NZBGet extension to delete "sample" files at least, but with no luck.

I decided I am going to ditch the Hetzner VPS (CX 51) model.

Found what I believe to be a good server on auction.

Dedicated Root Server SB27
* Intel Xeon E3-1245
* 2x HDD SATA 2,0 TB Enterprise
* 4x RAM 4096 MB DDR3 ECC
* NIC 1 Gbit
* - Intel 82574L

For like $22 a month instead of $30. At least once I get that server set-up I will have a bit more space to work with. Plus unlimited upload.

designator09

Blitz 3rd Class
@designator09 I hear you man... I tried researching other threads and none of the solutions worked. For the life of me I was trying to utilize an NZBGet extension to delete "sample" files at least, but with no luck.

I decided I am going to ditch the Hetzner VPS (CX 51) model.

Found what I believe to be a good server on auction.

Dedicated Root Server SB27
* Intel Xeon E3-1245
* 2x HDD SATA 2,0 TB Enterprise
* 4x RAM 4096 MB DDR3 ECC
* NIC 1 Gbit
* - Intel 82574L

For like $22 a month instead of $30. At least once I get that server set-up I will have a bit more space to work with. Plus unlimited upload.
I did there cheap server and it worked well but there is absolutley no comparison speed wise on the hdd vs sddvs nvme, originally i had some i7 4 series with 16gb ram and a 4tb hd and way plexguide was setup I was not messing with setting up different drives, it was ok but it struggled when it came to unpacking, so I had to set nzbget to pause on unpack and everything.

I changed to the 8700 with dual 1tb nvme in raid 1 and I will never go back. It is worth the money by far, I sit and set a max dl limit of 60 MBps (fastest my google drive uploads at) and let it go. It literally dls it un packs it and moves it at 2.5 GBps its insane, so soon as my dl is done within 5 seconds my team drive is getting it.

Bottom line get a ssd atleast and if your dl a ton get a 1tb at least. My traffic this month is already at 72 TB lol.

look at EX42-NVMe 34 a month 40 setup fee

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
I have the EX42- ( 2 x 4 TB HDD + 1 x 240GB SSD extra ).

Server is really great, I pay round 49€ per month's.
The iGPU / speed ( network ) /.ping / CPU and RAM are top.

I can upload round 100Mb ( full GB outgoing ) and 100Mb ( full GB inbound ) at.the same time.

Streaming to 8 - 15 User no problem.

Transcode no problem.

---------
Network :
Screenshot_20190413-081323_JuiceSSH.jpg

Space :

Screenshot_20190413-081433_JuiceSSH.jpg

freeloader

Blitz 2nd Class
I have a Hetzner auction server and used to have the same issue.

See also the discussion here:
https://pgblitz.com/threads/sabnzbd-downloads-just-sit-in-mnt-downloads-sabnzbd.3546/page-2#post-26172

Steps taken to resolve: remove remote path locations, switch to "nightly" dev branch of Radarr and reboot the server.

I fully agree on the SSD / HDD debate: I found the system to be very laggy and unresponsive when downloading large amounts of data on a HDD. Switching to SSD with a 50-60MBps dl cap (so that uploading follows downloading speed and you never clog up your limited disk space) are good working practices.

Spoonsy1480

Blitz Samurai

I can upload round 100Mb ( full GB outgoing ) and 100Mb ( full GB inbound ) at.the same time.

Transcode no problem.

---------
Network :
View attachment 3249

Space :

View attachment 3250
Which data center do you use and where about in the uk, I’m in Wiltshire and thinking about a Helsinki ex42 to try again

Jstrawsine

Blitz 2nd Class
Original poster
Donor

Transcode no problem.

---------
Network :
View attachment 3249

Space :

View attachment 3250
That's amazing @MrDoob for upload/download and # of concurrent streams. Going to set up the server today. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: MrDoob

Jstrawsine

Blitz 2nd Class
Original poster
Donor
I have a Hetzner auction server and used to have the same issue.

See also the discussion here:
https://pgblitz.com/threads/sabnzbd-downloads-just-sit-in-mnt-downloads-sabnzbd.3546/page-2#post-26172

Steps taken to resolve: remove remote path locations, switch to "nightly" dev branch of Radarr and reboot the server.

I fully agree on the SSD / HDD debate: I found the system to be very laggy and unresponsive when downloading large amounts of data on a HDD. Switching to SSD with a 50-60MBps dl cap (so that uploading follows downloading speed and you never clog up your limited disk space) are good working practices.
I will try this and follow up. Thanks!

Reactions: MrDoob

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
My data center is HEL1-DC2.

@Jstrawsine which one *?

2 x 4 TB or 2 x NVME 512GB.

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Which data center do you use and where about in the uk, I’m in Wiltshire and thinking about a Helsinki ex42 to try again
I live in Germany.

The German one is slower and the peering is s*hit to this one
I cancel ( the German one ) after 24h ,

Jstrawsine

Blitz 2nd Class
Original poster
Donor
My data center is HEL1-DC2.

@Jstrawsine which one *?

2 x 4 TB or 2 x NVME 512GB.
My new setup/ Plexguide restore went well... However, I can definitely tell there is a performance impact coming from an SSD to a HDD. Not sure if I am happy with the change. Almost feel as if the VPS was better. I was reading that Hetzner can potentially upgrade hardware for you.

Where I notice the most impact is within /mnt/move. After a download the transfer to PGblitz upload was relatively quick, but now it just seems terribly long.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
The downloads not moving issue is a long standing issue, but it's not a PG specific issue as such. You can solve it in a number of ways - usually it's due to Sonarr/radarr etc. not being able to identify the individual files - check the logs for a hint, a post processing script (or running filebot back in the day) would correct that, something simple such as renaming the folders contents based on folder or NZB name, or doing it manually.

Jstrawsine

Blitz 2nd Class
Original poster
Donor
The downloads not moving issue is a long standing issue, but it's not a PG specific issue as such. You can solve it in a number of ways - usually it's due to Sonarr/radarr etc. not being able to identify the individual files - check the logs for a hint, a post processing script (or running filebot back in the day) would correct that, something simple such as renaming the folders contents based on folder or NZB name, or doing it manually.
It started picking up. Thanks.

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
vnstat -t = Top10 Days
vnstat-d = daily
vnstat -w = weekly
vnstat -m = month's

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Hetzner 4
Spoonsy1480 Hetzner 4
Spoonsy1480 Hetzner 2
Spoonsy1480 Hetzner 6
introvertmouse Hetzner 0