Hetzner cx51

Spoonsy1480

Blitz Samurai
Original poster
Is anyone using this and if so what is it like considering this or I may have to bite the bullet and get an ex42 nvme

zukato

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
I guess it depends a bit on what kind of usage you need: how many users? Transcodes needs? Downloading needs?...

For a basic usage (2 to 3 users, limited transcoding, no downloading on the server), I found that the lower tiers work perfectly, as long as you have 8Gb of RAM.

• Love
Reactions: Admin9705

Spoonsy1480

Blitz Samurai
Original poster
I have just run up a cx51 cloud vps works lovely at the moment going to try for a day or so then get a ex42 nvme, the nvme drive helps a lot it makes everything work fast.
I may keep the vps but worried about the 20tb cap not sure if my 4-5 users will use that or not

• Love
Reactions: Admin9705

dillonsflix

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Patron
I have been running a cx51 for a couple of months now. I commonly have 3 to 5 active users during prime hours. Most of those users are transcoding simply because I have not been successful in getting them to change their client settings. The most streams I had at once was 7 with 5 of them transcoding. So far everything has worked incredibly well and not once has the vps showed any performance issues.

I am considering going the ex42 route but AT&T is currently installing fiber in my neighborhood and trying to decide between ex42 or building my own server.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.