What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Hetzner Cloud Storage Depleting

kylebaity

Hey guys!

I have a CX31 at Hetzner. Loving not having to host this from my subpar home internet. But I'm running into a consistent issue: storage.

I started with the 20 GB, likely everyone who does a CX31. Due to population increase, I've moved up to a higher tier of RAM and CPU capability, but just last week I increased my storage from the base 20 GB to the 80 GB that my RAM/CPU bases with at Hetzner.

At first, I thought this would allow me to stop monitoring for full-season nzbs, where to download is much bigger than 2 GB. However, within a week my storage has been eaten up and I'm getting Plex and NZBget stopping due to storage constraints.

I have done the following to attempt to resolve this:

daily, sometimes hourly (depending on notifications), I run rm -rf /mnt/incomplete/nzbget/* -- this wipes out all non-complete downloads and is *usually* enough to get the services back up.
At another threads suggestion, I deleted the unused images stored in Portainer. That saved a bit of space, but not too much.

What methods can I look into to get my server space back? Is this all just plex metadata? How could that just suddenly fill up over 60GB in a week? I have not proportionally quadrupled my database, since the issue also occurred at the same frequency at 20GB HDD.

kylebaity

I just set up my crontab to:
0 0 * * * rm -rf /mnt/incomplete/nzbget/*
0 0 * * * rm -rf /mnt/downloads/nzbget/movies/*
0 0 * * * rm -rf /mnt/downloads/nzbget/tv/*

I noticed that when I deleted /mnt/downloads/nzbget/movies and /tv, I reclaimed like 40 GB of space. Still not all of my space, but enough to believe I'm on the right track.

Any other advice would be wonderful!

Universe

ive got same issue but its not removing or deleting anything and still getting same log.

Low disk space on /mnt/downloads/nzbget

how do i clear and how do i purchase more storage on hetzners and the ssd space is very small.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.