What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Help with step by step to restore GCE to new server.

TeoDaTank

PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Unencrypted
Last time I asked about this someone basically said to just run backups of all the containers, and restore them.
I did that, used pgblitz to get them to the tdrive.
I then built the new server, connected the keys to tdrive, setup portainer/DNS info, and told it to restore. I ended up getting a bug and it didn't work, so I re-built which meant re-configuring all tools, manually re-adding the same shows I had in folders already etc.

Can someone provide me their step by step on how they do this the easiest?

Will Sonarr/Radarr also maintain it's config files from Portainer's backup?

Ramsay

I just did this the other day....hopefully I get it all here....

- ssh into your GCE, start pgblitz and use PGVault to backup whatever containers you want on the new GCE (sonarr, nzbget, etc.). These will be uploaded to your GDrive. Exit your GCE terminal, back to your server.
- log into console.cloud.google.com, hit the hamburger button (three lines top left), click Billing, close your billing account (I had to look around for where to do this, you can just look it up on google how to do it)
- make sure you have another Google account already set up and ready to go. Log into console.cloud.google.com with the new account and set up your billing details
- in pgblitz, go 8->1->1->7 to destroy your GCE server
- create a a new GCE (just as you've done the first time). You're going to use your new Google account at this point.
- ssh into your new GCE, deploy your mounts (use your regular Google Account login)
- install your apps using PG Box (make sure they start up)
- use PG Vault's restore function for the apps you previously backed up

If anyone else wants to chime in please do, I might have missed something.

TeoDaTank

- ssh into your GCE, start pgblitz and use PGVault to backup whatever containers you want on the new GCE (sonarr, nzbget, etc.). These will be uploaded to your GDrive. Exit your GCE terminal, back to your server.
- log into console.cloud.google.com, hit the hamburger button (three lines top left), click Billing, close your billing account (I had to look around for where to do this, you can just look it up on google how to do it)
- make sure you have another Google account already set up and ready to go. Log into console.cloud.google.com with the new account and set up your billing details
- create a a new GCE (just as you've done the first time). You're going to use your new Google account at this point.
- ssh into your new GCE, deploy your mounts (use your regular Google Account login)

Thanks so much for step by step. I will try it again this weekend; Seems similar to what I did, but I must have messed something up. Will update once I complete it.

TeoDaTank

Niiiice, your system works great. I would recommend using your steps to make a Wiki (One change is that when destroying the GCE it's like A or something not 7 to destroy)

I was a bit concerned when I couldn't see the backup on the G-Drive but it was there. I'll think about how to shorten the 'spin up' time, but I can def just handle this once a month without any complaints. Cheers, man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.