What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Hardware transcoding EX52 NVMe

johnsmith66

Hi there!

I do have problems with getting my server hardware transcode. I do suspect some permissions problems.

When i do this: "Type chmod -R 777 /dev/dri to change permissions (critical step for use in Docker!)" it won't save the permission after restart.

I am running from a sodu user, will it help me if I start over with a pure root user?

Also I don't understand what running from HOST means when I am executing this:

"Getting it working (optimally) inside Docker.
The following updates to the Plex Docker container are not strictly necessary - but recommended.
You'll need to run the following commands from the HOST (to make it easier for you):
  • docker exec plex apt-get -y update
  • docker exec plex apt-get -y install i965-va-driver vainfo
  • docker restart plex
That updates the driver now that it can get to the files outside the container."

I am going from an SX132 to this but I need the hardware transcoding to work.

Thank all of you to make this forum great!

Last edited:

TFArchive

I have an EX42-NVMe with a 7700 and also can't get this working.

I followed the other threads but nothing seems to enable hardware transcoding.

Last edited:

nachobel

Staff
Donor
Did you get this working? I'm using an Nvidia card and I was able to install the driver inside the Plex Docker container, and I changed the permissions on the /dev/dri, but it still isn't working.

nachobel

Staff
Donor
I'll run that command, and it'll take, but anytime I restart it goes back to default permissions. Thoughts? I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.

UncleBuck

Staff
I am also running an EX52 and have not been able to get hardware transcoding to work or at lest I don't think it is working. The Plex article is outdated and talks about hovering over the item currently playing to see more stats. You no longer need to hover to get that information but rather click the show details button. Will it still show the hw next to the transcode info?

When I run this command from the Wiki I don't think I am getting the correct output and suspect that is part of the issue.

UncleBuck

Staff
anyone got this to work?
I had it working on my EX-52 server. But due to the issues at the Hetzner Finland datacenter, I moved over to the Germany datacenter and went with an EX-62. I can't get it to work on that server with the i9 processor.

For my Ex-52 I just ran the option under PG Tools.

kamos69

Donor
I had it working on my EX-52 server. But due to the issues at the Hetzner Finland datacenter, I moved over to the Germany datacenter and went with an EX-62. I can't get it to work on that server with the i9 processor.

For my Ex-52 I just ran the option under PG Tools.
GPU Transcoding is currently not possible with the i9-9900k. The Plex dev team are working on getting it sorted but they don't have an ETA on when the fix will be released. You can follow this thread for updates: https://forums.plex.tv/t/hardware-transcoding-not-working-i9-9900-cpu/404472

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors