What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion GDrive not active - GDrive status = failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armin

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
sudo plexguide
then 3 then 2

after setup everything dont deploy mount restart then
sudo systemctl restart tdrive
then go back and deploy your mount

DeadPool

Blitz Sergeant
im confused now... /SERVER/mnt/unionfs/Movies/ is EMPTY.
brilliant.
what now??
ive done nothing different and have spent most of this morning jujst trying to keep server online...
after fresh install 18.04/8.4.3 saturday.
as i say..the further along i go, the deeper the hole becomes.

zukato

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
i don't know what to tell ya, we haven't touched the mounts/pgclone at all in 8.4. Admin is modifying menus, so that is a possibility that it doesn't do something it should now....but I doubt it.

Stop the services, pgunion, gdrive, tdrive, etc and see if /mnt/unionfs, /mnt/gdrive, etc is empty. If not that's your issue.

You can try rolling back to 8.3.17. If that doesn't work, then it's your environment.

It's easy to accidently insert a character or something when pasting the keys and such.

run rclone --version

try
curl https://rclone.org/install.sh | sudo bash
and redeploy mounts
I have completely uninstalled Plexguide and re-installed it. The error messages when deploying Gdrive (in the task Create GDrive folders) have not come back. We'll see if it sticks.

DeadPool

Blitz Sergeant
● gdrive.service - GDrive Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/gdrive.service; enabled; vendor preset: e
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2019-02-11 11:11:44 GMT; 31min a
Main PID: 27248 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 11 11:11:44 v22018116181176526 systemd[1]: Started GDrive Daemon.
Feb 11 11:11:44 v22018116181176526 systemd[1]: gdrive.service: Main process exit
Feb 11 11:11:44 v22018116181176526 systemd[1]: gdrive.service: Failed with resul
lines 1-8/8 (END)
● gdrive.service - GDrive Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/gdrive.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2019-02-11 11:11:44 GMT; 31min ago
Main PID: 27248 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 11 11:11:44 v22018116181176526 systemd[1]: Started GDrive Daemon.
Feb 11 11:11:44 v22018116181176526 systemd[1]: gdrive.service: Main process exited, cod
Feb 11 11:11:44 v22018116181176526 systemd[1]: gdrive.service: Failed with result 'exit
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
lines 1-8/8 (END)

DeadPool

Blitz Sergeant
rebooted a few time then redployed.working now.but for how long?..
trafik keeps losing deployed status, mounts unmounting (FOR NO GOOD PERtiNENt REASON), what next?!lol
i spend more time maintaining my plex server than i do working (and seemingly in an endless loop of fixing over and over and over and over again of things that just should not be breaking so often)>2p

Armin

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
these are Rclone issue and nothing to do with pg
for your mount with pg ui you can keep an eye on it and if it happen restart your mount again that should do the trick

zukato

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
AAArgggg

It did it again: it worked for a couple of hours and again, it stopped working. I m lost.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
So here is what you have to think. Am I the only one having this problem? If yes then it's on your end. Now have you tried using hetzner cloud? Have you tried an older version of pg? Have you read the changelog? Remember, if gdrive didn't work the forum would be flooded so yes, it's the user. I launch and install of at least 3 times a day and this hasn't happened.

So you need to install on a cloud vm for a different test. The treafik thing is just a read out on the front. Mounts only become disabled because the user runs out of space. I'm closing this thread but take those documented steps and open another one. Plus visit the the Pgblitz because it's obviously that needs more interaction.

S

subse7en

You guys are running out of ram what the hell are you running????

What are your server specs? 4 gigs is not supported.

S

subse7en

You are either running out of RAM or you are hitting the API limits. If you run more than one Plex instance or you have Plex + emby and/or jellyfin, that is your problem.

Check out the developer console and look at the GDrive API, I guarantee you are hitting bans

Min 8gb is required. if you want to run it lower than that that you got to start understanding how stuff works and you got to tweak the rclone buffer sizes yourself.

You have several options:

Learn to fix your issues yourself
Learn to Google those issues
Learn to post system specs without people having to ask you
Learn Linux
Learn docker compose
Switch to a different project
Or stop updating if it's such a burden on you no one is forcing you.

You want to run on less 8 gigs of RAM that's your problem to solve and fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

subse7en

@DeadPool Please redeploy your mounts, I just pushed rclone config changes that should lower the risk for API limit bans.

For those with mount Sitennect issues, please redeploy the mounts. I adjusted rclone configs to lessen risk of API limits at the cost of plex video start performance.

Keep in mind, everybody has a different server spec, everyone has different environments and usage. It can be easy to complain about an issue, but you must realize that with 100s of different configurations and usage patterns, it's hard to get optimal settings that work for everyone. There's always a trade off. When we implement changes, there's about 10 of us that test and make sure it's good. Sometimes, like in your case, these settings weren't ideal for your environment and caused you issues, that we could not have foreseen because none of us experienced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending