What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion GCE not starting after reboot

something

Respected Member
PG Version
pg-gce 8.6.4
Mount Type
Move Unencrypted
Hello

I changed my domain today and wanted to deploy traefik with new domain. Everything worked fine except cloudcmd, bazarr, and organizr did not work with the new domain.

I thought of rebooting the server (I don't know why) to see if that rectified the issue. My problem is the GCE is not starting after "sudo reboot". How do I start the GCE again? I hope I have not deleted my drives by rebooting the GCE.

Thanks!

something

Respected Member
if you shut down the instance, you lost it. if you reboot, your fine.
I did reboot but the instance did not start and not connecting via SSH. Although there is a green check mark next to instance name indicting the instance has started. The cpu usage has been 0 percent ever since.

Is there any way to force start the instance?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I did reboot but the instance did not start and not connecting via SSH. Although there is a green check mark next to instance name indicting the instance has started. The cpu usage has been 0 percent ever since.

Is there any way to force start the instance?
It could be possible you ran out of space and can't get into it all, but the gce instance primary disk shouldn't run out of space because the dl's are separate. there's nothing that we can do. i have a gce running for a month straight and no issues. i just run the very basics as to prevent any issues.

something

Respected Member
Call me dumb... I am not even sure why I tried to reboot it for no apparent reason. Anyway I backed up everything a couple of days ago. I will setup a new instance and start over using the backup/restore.

A quick question... Are there any plans to include Kodi in the pgblitz?

Thanks.

M

MrDoob

Call me dumb... I am not even sure why I tried to reboot it for no apparent reason. Anyway I backed up everything a couple of days ago. I will setup a new instance and start over using the backup/restore.

A quick question... Are there any plans to include Kodi in the pgblitz?

Thanks.

Kodi as docker *?*

When have Plex / Emby ,

If.you find a really stable dockerhub image of *KODI* on dockerhub Maybe.

But MAYBE !!!

If dont search any images self .

The user want it .. I build it..

M

MrDoob

And sorry i dont use GCE*s

So I cant never help in this part.

something

Respected Member
Kodi as docker *?*

When have Plex / Emby ,

If.you find a really stable dockerhub image of *KODI* on dockerhub Maybe.

But MAYBE !!!

If dont search any images self .

The user want it .. I build it..
I currently use the Kodi on one of my device with google drive addon. I absolutely love the automatic .strm file creation feature. Kodi can detect and play the .strm file. The advantage of this is the google drive server does all the transcoding for me. And I guess when you upload some video on google drive, it already does some pre-transcoding (don't know the exact word) where several different version of that are already available for you to direct play.

I saw another post where the jellyfin being able to detect and play the strm files. It will be a nice idea to generate the strm files using the kodi (which btw occurs in realtime) and using the "server" feature of jellyfin with synchronized media resume points, sharing remotely, and others without breaking a sweat when it comes to server usage as the strm file directly plays from google and does not use the server bandwidth(?) and cpu(?)

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.