What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

GCE Edition

bubbadk

Legendary Member
Staff
Every time i use google cloud and makes a VM. Plexguide fails. It keeps saying i'm not using the NVME edition. But i can't figure out where to use NVME. only SSD and standard disk.

any help would be great :)

thepj

Respected Member
Staff
Every time i use google cloud and makes a VM. Plexguide fails. It keeps saying i'm not using the NVME edition. But i can't figure out where to use NVME. only SSD and standard disk.

any help would be great :)
Here you go bud

Step one:
1544806220425.png

Step 2
1544806246084.png

Step 3
1544806277770.png

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager

thepj

Respected Member
Staff
its debian 9 stretch and i'm running it under root :)
Don't use debian for GCE. Google has something up with their image. I thought we already had this chat
Agree with @Admin9705 the GCE instance is extremely exact in what the GCE Edition does. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Minimal is the way to go and you will have no problems. If you plan on using that instance for more than Plexguide, suggestion is to create a separate instance for what you want. Using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will make it "just work".

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Agree with @Admin9705 the GCE instance is extremely exact in what the GCE Edition does. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Minimal is the way to go and you will have no problems. If you plan on using that instance for more than Plexguide, suggestion is to create a separate instance for what you want. Using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will make it "just work".
ya my next rewrite after all this container stuff is done; haha it's starting to become an eyesore to launch it via the traditional menus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.