Galaxy S10 Phone

Jampher

Blitz 2nd Class
Yeah, pretty much. Very shortly after dropping a grand on the S8, it came on sale for about $300 less in the dual sim version! Also, in Canada now, carriers can't charge to unlock phones anymore so there is not much need to order phones directly.

Reactions: Admin9705

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Not ever buying a huge a-brand again. Not Samsung, not Huawei not anything. There are far more cheaper phones with the same specs as that S10. Xiaomi is giving you a good run for your money. And there's the software issue. I recently bought an Android One device. I must say I've never been happier. Thing is, brands like Samsung create their own versions of Android and you are dependant on them to release updates and security patches. That is, if they release them at all. Chances are even that if there's a new version of android, you won't even get it on your phone since those brands need to sell phones on a yearly basis with them releasing a new model every year. Second thing, is the bloatware that comes with these devices, making them very vulnerable and slow. That's why they need such high specs. So what's the difference with Android one? Well, With an Android One device, you get updates straight from Google. If Google releases an update for their OS or even a new Android version tomorrow morning, it's on your device by noon. Second, no bloatware. You get the minimum and bare version of Android thus less apps that contain security risks or leaks. Because of this, there are no tons of background processes running wich means your phone doesn't get drained on resources. I have baught the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and compared it to a phone with the same specs from Samsung and mine left the Samsung model behind by miles. There are some new xiaomi phones being released at round the same time as the S10 wich you better be looking out for. You could get the same specs for about half the price.

Reactions: techystreamer

SirTranceALoT

Blitz Legioner
Staff
More then excellent alternative too.

matt314159

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
Just got a OnePlus 6T two weeks ago and man that's a beauty. I wouldn't switch to a Samsung for the reason of software alone. OxygenOS is such a clean and pure unadulterated version of Android with just the right tweaks. If I decided to switch from OP it'd probably be to a Pixel. Or something like the PocoPhone F1 and then throw LineageOS on it if I wanted to go the super-cheap route. But I feel like I'd ultimately be unhappy with that.

• Love

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
I buy 3 x S10+ wirh 1TB space for the Businness :love::love::love::love:

• Wow

MrDoob

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Business need space and I buy it over the company..

I need more for the end year TAX :ROFLMAO:

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Hey remember when they said we 2G would revolutionise data connectivity in the market and then 3G would bring 'broadband' to mobile and in most markets it was slow/over subscribed/killed batteries/sold with the kind of allowances that could be burnt though in minutes? Then they said the same about 4G and the same thing happened? What do you think is going to happen with 5G that's so amazing? Will it deliver the speeds that 4G was capable of but were never realised for the most part? An 8Mbit stream is still an 8Mbit stream, doesn't matter if it's on 100Mbit or 1000Mbit connection.

• Roast
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

boganslayer

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
I'm holding out for the Samsung Note 10. I've got the Note 8 at the moement, skipped note 9 as i didn't see the improvement over 8. My Note 8 working as great as it did on the first day.

boganslayer

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
I'm seeing lots of reports of it that it's on track - usually gets released a couple months after the galaxy's.

Who knows - maybe i'll hold out for another year.

techystreamer

Blitz 2nd Class
I'm on T-mobiles jump program which allows for upgrade every year. Problem is the down payment usually grows every year to account for the crazy price increases over the years. It usually allows for a $30 payment or so, and the rest up front. So for a year, the S9 cost me $560 for the year. If I was to upgrade, it would be even more.

I think the S10 is awesome, but I have been eyeballing the other brands like Hauweii etc because Sammy has gotten crazy. WTF, these prices have gotten crazy. Who wants to pay that seriously.

All that said.....it will be hard to pass up the S10+.....lol

turner123

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
I get free up grade every year I hand in my old phone get new one I currently have note 9 as wasn't anything worth having from my s8+ for device Im currently paying £21 per month for device and £19 for phone plan unlim calls texts etc and 60gb Internet

Come novenber ill upgrade again and the note 10 will be alot cheaper, don't need to rush out get it on launch day as your throwing tons of money away same for any tech device these days

rcarteraz

Blitz Sergeant
I currently have the iphone 8 plus. I've been seriously considering switching to either the Pixel or a Samsung later this year. I've grown tired of iOS.

ninjaknock

Blitz 3rd Class
ios is seriously comfy for general use and upgrading anytime, like the apple eco system is just linked with all. But I moved to android last year, the customization is great and if you get gsuite you get unlimited cloud data unlike icloud.

Somedude

Blitz 1st Class
Staff
I already have the unlocked note 9, and alot of other Samsung products/accessories. I decided that instead of selling my phone at losing like $200 in taxes and cases that I am going to wait for the Note 10 to get all those features, 5G and probably a massive battery. Also with the Galaxy fold there may be some interesting things Samsung learns for the Note 10 hardware and software. Basically play it out and see how well things go. I am a beta tester for Samsung, and its hard for android to have new features I get excited about, so I don't worry about updates too much. The new Samsung one UI I've been running the last three months was a great update.

I have been eyeing maybe using something like Google fi. Right now it would cost more than my current plan if I use more than 6GB in a month (I often do), and I am not excited about their officially supported phones. But the better cell service concept is amazing. I'm hoping they officially support carrier switching on more phones and I may switch to what they support if it's good enough.

• Money

matt314159

Blitz 2nd Class
Donor
I had google Fi for awhile and daaang I had so many spam calls. Turns out since you have Sprint, T-Mo and USCC partners, you actually have three phone numbers under the hood. I'm currently on Mint. $20 for a three month trial of 8GB at 4G speeds per month, over T-Mobile's network. You get full speeds, it's not throttled, (though it might be de-prioritized) and it does have Wi-Fi calling baked in to augment any reception issues. I think I'm going to pay for a year when I'm done with this trial. In caliofornia I was regularly testing 140mb/s+ on it. In rural Iowa, my tower appears to only have 20mbps backhaul but it's good enough, especially for the price. the 8GB plan works out to $20/mo if you prepaid a year at a time, or $15/mo if you drop to 3GB.

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
Have the s9 now but might get the s10 but only trough connections because its very cheap 🆒

• Sweat
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Trending