What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Free Setup July Hetzner

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
as its free setup on hetzner im gonna get rid of the old sb-40 server nad upgrade, any suggestions lads? can i copy everything from old server to new one and good to go or do i need to start from scratch again?

deva5610

Blitz 3rd Class
Donor
Donor
I just came here to post the exact same thing!

Free setup on most servers. I would've suggested the EX42-NVMe as a fantastic Plex and download server, but as that's not included I'll have to say the EX52-NVMe is the next best. Will easily handle Plex and transcoding with the i7's iGPU, and a whole lot of other stuff in the background.

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
I just came here to post the exact same thing!

Free setup on most servers. I would've suggested the EX42-NVMe as a fantastic Plex and download server, but as that's not included I'll have to say the EX52-NVMe is the next best. Will easily handle Plex and transcoding with the i7's iGPU, and a whole lot of other stuff in the background.
would need to start from scratch setting up plex ect again then? cant transfer setup already on my server?

deva5610

Blitz 3rd Class
Donor
Donor
I've moved Radarr/Sonarr/Sab etc from one server to another using Backup/Restore under the 'Pg Vault' menu option (#7). It will backup the app data to your GDrive, then you can restore from it on your new server and then you install the app via the 'PG Box' menu option (#5).

I don't see why Plex would be any different.

1 - Backup the Plex data from PG Vault (7-1-1) on your old server and check what is set for your server ID in that same menu (eg - [3] Current Server ID : OldServer)
2 - Setup all of your mounts using PG Clone (4) on the new server, the same as you did on your old server. If you want to use both servers at the same time you'll want to use a different Oauth Client ID and Secret I believe.
2.5 - I like to exit the PGBlitz menu at this point and check the /mnt/unionfs directory. Check to see if I can see my GDrive data properly. If you're running an encrypted drive and you see "0ilpo3h5i4on89a5jnu272rk38" instead of say a folder called "My Movies" then you've got your encryption passwords wrong. Go and redeploy the mount and get them right this time ;)
3 - Restore the Plex data from PG Vault (7-1-2) on the new server, it will ask you from which server and show you the options, type in the server ID from step 1 (eg - OldServer).
4 - Install the Plex app from PG Box (5-1-1). Given it's a new server with a new IP address you may need to claim a new Plex token during the install., I've not done it so I'm not 100% sure.
5 - Deploy Traefik/PortGuard whatever else you want to do, or do this step first. Whatever works for you :).

Aaaaaand that's about it. I think.

Last edited:

stigmata1823

Blitz 1st Class
Ok I'm having some trouble with this so I'm looking at starting it from scratch, in my gdrive api would I delete everything as in key etc

UncleBuck

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
I am on EX-52 and loving it. RIght now I have 8 streams. 4 are direct play and 4 are hardware transcoding. Processor usage is cruising at under 10%. I do a ton of downloading on the same box without any issues. I have no idea why I am seriously considering taking advantage of the free setup month and upgrading to the EX-62 but it's so tempting.

fr0sty

Blitz Sergeant
Staff
Donor
I am on EX-52 and loving it. RIght now I have 8 streams. 4 are direct play and 4 are hardware transcoding. Processor usage is cruising at under 10%. I do a ton of downloading on the same box without any issues. I have no idea why I am seriously considering taking advantage of the free setup month and upgrading to the EX-62 but it's so tempting.
Pretty sure there was an issue with the i9 igpu driver. Dunno if it was resolved.

Edit: found post > https://pgblitz.com/threads/hetzner-server-hardware-transcoding-not-working.4416/#post-27443

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.