Discussion Files does not upload to google drive

MrSparky

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - VPS
I am a little confused about all the tutorials on youtube.
I followed these tutorials:

and I've managed to setup gdrive,rclone,plex,rutorrent but now I don't know which folder in /"mnt" is the correct to save media files & see them in plex,
These are my folders in /mnt/

root@vps:/mnt# ls
downloads encrypt gcrypt gdrive incomplete move nzb pgblitz pgops plexdrive tcrypt tdrive tmp torrent unionfs

I thought it was /mnt/gdrive/tv,/mnt/gdrive/movies,... but when I saved movies and tvshows to those folders I can't see them on online google drive

And one more thing, if I choose PG Move with encrypted rclone, does that means Google can see my files or they will be encrypted and then uploaded to google ?

I really like how this project is organised and working but the documentation are a little bit of unclear.

pYTTH

Blitz Legioner
Staff
I am a little confused about all the tutorials on youtube.
I followed these tutorials:

and I've managed to setup gdrive,rclone,plex,rutorrent but now I don't know which folder in /"mnt" is the correct to save media files & see them in plex,
These are my folders in /mnt/

root@vps:/mnt# ls
downloads encrypt gcrypt gdrive incomplete move nzb pgblitz pgops plexdrive tcrypt tdrive tmp torrent unionfs

I thought it was /mnt/gdrive/tv,/mnt/gdrive/movies,... but when I saved movies and tvshows to those folders I can't see them on online google drive

And one more thing, if I choose PG Move with encrypted rclone, does that means Google can see my files or they will be encrypted and then uploaded to google ?

I really like how this project is organised and working but the documentation are a little bit of unclear.
whatever you place in /mnt/move/movies or tv will be send to gdrive

for plex you need to use /mnt/unionfs/movies or tv

if you use pg move/blitz with encryption google can not see what files this are, they just see sizes.

be aware, in case you loose your encryption key you will also loose your data and not be able to recover

turner123

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Thats exactly how i was and tbh i still am..
Coming from a dedicated server installing plex radarr sonarr jackett nzbget rutorrent deluge sabz etc
download client put them into completed
sonarr radarr then moved them to final location/s depending on setup

but this setup there all supposed to go into /mnt/move tagged movies then there in gdrive movies dir
but when i did that they went zooming off out to gdrive, sonarr radarr didnt see them, so what gives?!!

so i just used the concept of the rclone etc and got rid the dockers because i asked this and it just wasnt answered and nothing clear on what/were it goes...coming in a year later we have missed something thats prob very easy to understand..

but sonarr radarr moves to what ever dir you choose in them but when that folder/file is moved? meh

so would be good if someone posted the structure as its just also changed i believe...

MrSparky

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
whatever you place in /mnt/move/movies or tv will be send to gdrive

for plex you need to use /mnt/unionfs/movies or tv

if you use pg move/blitz with encryption google can not see what files this are, they just see sizes.

be aware, in case you loose your encryption key you will also loose your data and not be able to recover

Why can't I just point Plex libraries to gdrive/tv ? Why is the unionfs necessary for this ?

turner123

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
but what are you supposed to set radarr sonarr too? as that moves it to that dir? if you use move folder its gone then so sonarr wont see it as completed?

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

MrSparky

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
but what are you supposed to set radarr sonarr too? as that moves it to that dir? if you use move folder its gone then so sonarr wont see it as completed?
I don't have radarr or sonarr installed. Is this something that's required or something.

And regarding the folder. I tried to point rutorrent to download movie to /mnt/move/movies but it fails and gives me an error in rutorrent "Failed to add torrent. "

stammbraeu

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
I'm not a torrent user but maybe my sab setup helps

Sabnzbd is using its own folders

for all files downloading:
/mnt/sab/incomplete/

for all completed files:
/mnt/sab/complete/

for each category of files i have subfolders
/mnt/sab/complete/tv/
/mnt/sab/complete/movies/
etc.

so sab uses "incomplete" during downloads and moves the final tv file to /mnt/complete/tv/
there sonarr/radarr are checking when a file is ready and due the rename magic and move the file to its final destination
/mnt/unionfs/tv/

this is also the location i point my plex install to

so far so good

then the magic of plexguide happens

/mnt/unionfs/ is not a normal folder its basically a summary of many folders

everything that is located on gdrive is located here
/mnt/gdrive/ (if its unencrypted) or /mnt/gcrypt/ (if its encrpyted)
everything that is located on a team drive is located here
/mnt/tdrive/ (if its unencrypted) or /mnt/tcrypt/ (if its encrpyted)

all of these folders point to /mnt/unionfs/

Additionally there is a script that checks whether there is new content in /mnt/unionfs/ that is NOT located on gdrive or team drive - if it detects new content the content is sent to /mnt/move/ where it gets uploaded either to gdrive or teamdrive based on your settings
When the file is uploaded the local file is deleted - but you still have access to it via /mnt/unionfs/

My assumption and as a no torrent user - i would suggest the following setup:
use /mnt/rutorrent/incomplete for downloading
then move the final files to /mnt/unionfs/SUBFOLDER - replace subfolder with the category of the file (like tv or movie)
i assume there is a functionality for that in rutorrent
not sure how and if there is category management available

point plex to /mnt/unionfs/SUBFOLDER in order to see the correct content

hope that helps

All the best
Stammbraeu

stammbraeu

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
Why can't I just point Plex libraries to gdrive/tv ? Why is the unionfs necessary for this ?
you could - the problem with that setup is that you would only see files that were downloaded completely and uploaded to gdrive

by using unionfs you can already see the file after the complete download
as long as the file is not completely uploaded to gdrive you would use the "local" file, as soon as it is uploaded you would use the "cloud" file but for plex it would be the same file

MrSparky

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
you could - the problem with that setup is that you would only see files that were downloaded completely and uploaded to gdrive

by using unionfs you can already see the file after the complete download
as long as the file is not completely uploaded to gdrive you would use the "local" file, as soon as it is uploaded you would use the "cloud" file but for plex it would be the same file

Okay I tried your method but without "Sabnzbd".
I noticed that RuTorrent is using downloads/incoming for all downloading torrents and then you can move it via autotools option and add label + file name to path so the whole path is: /mnt/unionfs/movies/[MOVIE_NAME_HERE], but I still can't see those files on google drive online dashboard. On my Google Drive it's only "plexguide" folder for some reason and nothing in it.

And on Plex I config to watch /mnt/unionfs/movies folder for Movies and it doesn't even detect the downloaded file.
On VPS I checked the folder for downloaded file and I can't find it in /mnt/unionfs/movies.

And regarding "you could - the problem with that setup is that you would only see files that were downloaded completely and uploaded to gdrive " I have that setup before and I can download normally and even Plex detect the media, but it was not uploaded to GDrive.

I am at beginning of this Plex journey so i'm not affraid to do it all over again, but it would be in a great help if someone could give clearer instuctions for installing. Somethin like this would be in much help:

1. Run curl script
2. Get Oath Api
3. Setup PG Clone - Move with encryption
4. Rclone with google drive.

stammbraeu

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
my assumption is that your connection to google drive is not setup correctly

My suggestion (and im a fan of drastic solutions):
kill you current setup and start from scratch - this way any changes you made so far wont affect your new setup

setup a clean ubuntu install (i would suggest 18.04 but 16.04 should work as well)
update ubuntu
run the curl script to install plexguide
run plexguide
skip traefik for the time being and go directly to PG Clone
i would suggest to watch the video
and do it step by step
-> watch one step and do it on your machine, then watch next step
when you are done test whether it has worked

my suggestion would be to do a 2 folded test:
create a file via ssh directly in /mnt/unionfs/
e.g. touch /mnt/unionfs/test.txt
wait a minute or so and then check in google drive whether the file shows up
if yes proceed to the next step
create or copy a file to google drive via the browser (not via your vps)
wait a minute
check whether the file shows up in /mnt/unionfs/

if you have a yes on both checks you can proceed to the various apps

Reactions: MrSparky

MrSparky

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
my assumption is that your connection to google drive is not setup correctly

My suggestion (and im a fan of drastic solutions):
kill you current setup and start from scratch - this way any changes you made so far wont affect your new setup

setup a clean ubuntu install (i would suggest 18.04 but 16.04 should work as well)
update ubuntu
run the curl script to install plexguide
run plexguide
skip traefik for the time being and go directly to PG Clone
i would suggest to watch the video
and do it step by step
-> watch one step and do it on your machine, then watch next step
when you are done test whether it has worked

my suggestion would be to do a 2 folded test:
create a file via ssh directly in /mnt/unionfs/
e.g. touch /mnt/unionfs/test.txt
wait a minute or so and then check in google drive whether the file shows up
if yes proceed to the next step
create or copy a file to google drive via the browser (not via your vps)
wait a minute
check whether the file shows up in /mnt/unionfs/

if you have a yes on both checks you can proceed to the various apps

I did by everything by your instructions and the video you suggested and now it's working fine.
Is it possible to have downloaded media only on gdrive and not on local ?

Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I did by everything by your instructions and the video you suggested and now it's working fine.
Is it possible to have downloaded media only on gdrive and not on local ?
if you want local, then you have to use the solo hd or multi hd edition; but then there is no gdrive

stammbraeu

Blitz 1st Class
Donor
with the setup described above all your content will end up on gdrive - depending on your connection speed
but you can already watch it as soon as it is available on your local drive
plexdrive will upload it in the background and delete it from your local drive as soon as it is on gdrive
-> this frees up your local space

MrSparky

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
with the setup described above all your content will end up on gdrive - depending on your connection speed
but you can already watch it as soon as it is available on your local drive
plexdrive will upload it in the background and delete it from your local drive as soon as it is on gdrive
-> this frees up your local space
Very nice :D Will this work even if I partially download torrent ? Like only a few seasons or just 1 part of the movie ? Or does it have to be downloaded in full ?

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Very nice :D Will this work even if I partially download torrent ? Like only a few seasons or just 1 part of the movie ? Or does it have to be downloaded in full ?
No, it'll be available to view once it's finished downloading, but before it uploads to gdrive. Unionfs is a merge of drive and local storage, ergo files that have yet to be uploaded are still indexable by Plex etc.

MrSparky

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
Okay, first of all thanks everybody for your help. I setup VPS and PG as instructed above and it's working fine. Now I just need to know some "basic" stuff, like where can I keep track which of the files was already uploaded to GDrive or which files are currently uploading to it.
I am also wondering if Plex would "detect" series if they are downloaded season by season.
Example, I have all seasons of GOT and when the new season will be available to transfer to my VPS will PG and Plex detect that it's still the same tvshow and label it to already existing "folder" on Plex ?
Thanks again for everybody's help :)

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Okay, first of all thanks everybody for your help. I setup VPS and PG as instructed above and it's working fine. Now I just need to know some "basic" stuff, like where can I keep track which of the files was already uploaded to GDrive or which files are currently uploading to it.
I am also wondering if Plex would "detect" series if they are downloaded season by season.
Example, I have all seasons of GOT and when the new season will be available to transfer to my VPS will PG and Plex detect that it's still the same tvshow and label it to already existing "folder" on Plex ?
Thanks again for everybody's help :)
You can check the drive web interface, look at the move folder or look at the status. As to your series example, yes Plex will add a new series *after* it's been uploaded and scanned by Plex - if it didn't, it'd be a nightmare.

MrSparky

Blitz 3rd Class
Original poster
You can check the drive web interface, look at the move folder or look at the status. As to your series example, yes Plex will add a new series *after* it's been uploaded and scanned by Plex - if it didn't, it'd be a nightmare.
Thank you Datamonkeh for all the info :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.