What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Fatal error: failed to umount FUSE

Whatdafuq

Blitz Sergeant
PG Version
Mount Type
Blitz Unencrypted
Server Type
Local - Dedicated Server
I did something and screwed up my local plex box mount. I've tried going through the install steps again for unencrypted blitz and can't get them to mount. When I go to pgui i see the following.

==> /plexguide/logs/rclone-gdrive.log <==
2019/04/07 22:10:28 Fatal error: failed to umount FUSE fs: exit status 1: fusermount: failed to unmount /mnt/gdrive: Invalid argument
2019/04/15 06:14:45 Fatal error: failed to umount FUSE fs: exit status 1: fusermount: failed to unmount /mnt/gdrive: Invalid argument

Whatdafuq

Blitz Sergeant
guess those dates are old on those but here is the latest

2019/05/29 21:42:17 Fatal error: failed to umount FUSE fs: exit status 1: fusermount: failed to unmount /mnt/tdrive: Invalid argument

Whatdafuq

Blitz Sergeant
stdrive
● tdrive.service - tdrive Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/tdrive.service; disabled; vendor preset:
Active: inactive (dead)

Whatdafuq

Blitz Sergeant
re-ran the pgblitz installer and then went through the steps of setting up the transport still getting the error at the end.
  1. fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "elapsed": 15, "msg": "Timeout when waiting for file /mnt/unionfs/plexguide"}
  2. to retry, use: --limit @/opt/pgclone/ymls/pgunion.retry

I have a GCE setup and its mounts are working fine.

Whatdafuq

Blitz Sergeant
Well I ended up uninstalling PGBlitz and starting over so now its working but I lost my plex so its now rebuilding and scanning everything which is going to take a couple days to complete :(

Signup20

Blitz 2nd Class
I am getting the same error and can't figure out how to fix. Guess I'll uninstall and start over again as well.
@Whatdafuq did you leverage a backup & restore or start fresh?

ChadronX

Blitz Noob
I can confirm my fix with the following:
  1. I originally tried to run the setup again, completed normal.
  2. I noticed had a Google SDK update so I ran that update
  3. I then noticed the oauth was invalid
  4. I ran rclone setup again and it went through although required new sessions.

Everything is good for me now.

Signup20

Blitz 2nd Class
I can confirm my fix with the following:
  1. I originally tried to run the setup again, completed normal.
  2. I noticed had a Google SDK update so I ran that update
  3. I then noticed the oauth was invalid
  4. I ran rclone setup again and it went through although required new sessions.

Everything is good for me now.
I feel like i've tried everything and no change. Any chance you can elaborate on your instructions?

Signup20

Blitz 2nd Class
I feel like i've tried everything and no change. Any chance you can elaborate on your instructions?
I tried re-installing from scratch. Of note, i think most my problems started when i ran out of credits and created a new GCE account.

Now I'm getting the following error when I try to deploy rclone:

TASK [Waiting for PGUnion to initialize] ***********************************************************************************************

Thursday 06 June 2019 19:56:19 -0400 (0:00:00.638) 0:00:14.081 *********

fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "elapsed": 15, "msg": "Timeout when waiting for file /mnt/unionfs/plexguide"}

to retry, use: --limit @/opt/pgclone/ymls/pgunion.retry

PLAY RECAP *****************************************************************************************************************************

127.0.0.1 : ok=20 changed=14 unreachable=0 failed=1

T

TheShadow

That unmount error can be ignored. As long as your files are in /mnt/tdrive then it's fine. The error usually happens when it can't unmount cleanly.
It's also likely it's from /mnt/tdrive not being completely empty and have no folders under it when you stop the tdrive service. Reguardless it's an error that was reported during unmount, usually when you redeploy pgclone or you restart the machine, etc. As long as /mnt/tdrive is up, it's fine.

I recommend doing the following commands in order:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /var/plexguide/logs/*.log

sudo service gdrive stop

sudo rm -rf /mnt/gdrive/*

sudo service gdrive start

sudo service tdrive stop

sudo rm -rf /mnt/tdrive/*

sudo service tdrive start

sudo service pgunion stop

sudo rm -rf /mnt/unionfs/*

sudo service pgunion start
Then run pgupdate, update to 8.6.5, then go into the rclone menu and redeploy your mounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheShadow

fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "elapsed": 15, "msg": "Timeout when waiting for file /mnt/unionfs/plexguide"}
to retry, use: --limit @/opt/pgclone/ymls/pgunion.retry
This is unrelated, you likely messed up something when you did the pgclone/rclone config, re-do the setup.

The other reason for that is you ran into a GDrive api ban and you need to wait it out. This happens when you use Google FileStream or you download lots of files.

introvertmouse

Blitz Sergeant
So I have done both suggestions above by @TheShadow and @ChadronX with no luck.

i get the following errors. my downloads have stopped as the hd space is in use. is there a file ai can delete? in the past i have just deleted the q and or files pending move and or other directories and that has fixed it. i rather not do that or lose files already download just get messy.

here is a screenshot.

T

TheShadow

Those are normal, perfectly fine errors... It's an unmount error for rclone. It's possible it's an rclone bug but that error just means that's it didn't unmount clean, usually on a system reboot.

There's been a recent update that attempts to hide the error. FYI This has always occurred but now it's visible to a lot more users due to pgui / /blitz cmd showing more logs.

You can redeploy pgclone, which updates the unmount command used which may or may not stop this "error" from being reported.

After that you can truncate your logs by running:

sudo truncate -s 0 /var/plexguide/logs/*.log

Again, this is an error when rclone is unmounting, it's not an operational concern and does not have any I'll effects. Feel free to report this in the rclone.org forums to see if it's a bug they recently introduced.

This "error" would prevent files from uploading, this unmount error in the logs has nothing to do with the upload process.

Last edited by a moderator:

introvertmouse

Blitz Sergeant
Those are normal, perfectly fine errors... It's an unmount error for rclone. It's possible it's an rclone bug but that error just means that's it didn't unmount clean, usually on a system reboot.

There's been a recent update that attempts to hide the error. FYI This has always occurred but now it's visible to a lot more users due to pgui / /blitz cmd showing more logs.

You can redeploy pgclone, which updates the unmount command used which may or may not stop this "error" from being reported.

After that you can truncate your logs by running:

sudo truncate -s 0 /var/plexguide/logs/*.log

Again, this is an error when rclone is unmounting, it's not an operational concern and does not have any I'll effects. Feel free to report this in the rclone.org forums to see if it's a bug they recently introduced.

This "error" would prevent files from uploading, this unmount error in the logs has nothing to do with the upload process.
OMG I am not sure what changed.

I knew to ignore the errors but uploads were not happening.

I had followed the previous instructions in this thread with no luck :(

I followed your SUDO command and redeployed everything is working :)

send you a virtual beer sir.

introvertmouse

Blitz Sergeant
OMG I am not sure what changed.

I knew to ignore the errors but uploads were not happening.

I had followed the previous instructions in this thread with no luck :(

I followed your SUDO command and redeployed everything is working :)

send you a virtual beer sir.
Hi Shadow : )

just thought I would ask since you seem to be expert : )

Uploads are working great thank you

any ideas what this is?

019/07/09 21:19:36 ERROR : MOVIES/Pet Sematary (2019)/Pet Sematary (2019).mkv: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
2019/07/09 21:19:36 ERROR : MOVIES/Pet Sematary (2019)/Pet Sematary (2019).mkv: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
2019/07/09 21:19:39 ERROR : MOVIES/Shaft (2019)/Shaft (2019).mkv: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
2019/07/09 21:19:39 ERROR : MOVIES/Shaft (2019)/Shaft (2019).mkv: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
2019/07/09 21:19:40 ERROR : MOVIES/Shazam! (2019)/Shazam! (2019).m2ts: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes

T

TheShadow

Hi Shadow : )

just thought I would ask since you seem to be expert : )

Uploads are working great thank you

any ideas what this is?

019/07/09 21:19:36 ERROR : MOVIES/Pet Sematary (2019)/Pet Sematary (2019).mkv: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
2019/07/09 21:19:36 ERROR : MOVIES/Pet Sematary (2019)/Pet Sematary (2019).mkv: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
2019/07/09 21:19:40 ERROR : MOVIES/Shazam! (2019)/Shazam! (2019).m2ts: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
Go to vfs options in pgclone and change the cache mode to writes. An app your using requires that mode, probably something from the community apps.

introvertmouse

Blitz Sergeant
Go to vfs options in pgclone and change the cache mode to writes. An app your using requires that mode, probably something from the community apps.
Thank you @TheShadow

I have made these changes. I really appreciate your help, i will pay it forward here and disord.

I had the same original error last night, the one saying Fatal Error. I followed your instructions and it is working again : )

I am not sure why it happened again. I changed what you just said to change to Writes.

I also changed nzbGet limit to 40 and PG blitz to 800 in hopes that stuff will be off the drive quicker then it will be downloaded.

Any thoughts you can share are greatly appreciated.

T

TheShadow

The fatal error during unmount can be ignored. it just means the mount was killed while in use.

If you redeploy PGClone again, I now hide the error and try to prevent it.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending