What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Extremly slow postprocessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

3days

Respected Member
So, I got a server with these specs with oneprovider.com (online.net paris server):

CPU
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 - 3.3 Ghz - 4 core(s)
32GB - DDR3
2x 1TB (HDD SATA)
Unmetered @ 1Gbps

I get decent download speeds in NZBGet 30-50 mb/s wich is more than fine for me. Im usualy downloading 20-30 gb movies and the problem is unpacking takes about 60min+ and repairing takes about 2 hours+. This kinds stops the whole process and i get about 40 movies queued for postprocessing so my upload to gdrive takes forever since there is nothing to upload. If there is no repairing needed then it runs smooth, but as soon as it gets stuck on one movie it gets stuck forever since its not unpacking while downloading anymore.

The only thing running on the server is radarr, sonarr and nzbget installed with plexguide and settings from the wiki.

Is this expected or any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I stopped using HDD drives. I see your probably with Hertzner? I would go with sSD soon as possible or setup a hardware raid. Also, having certain providers is key. Newshosting.com is pretty good.

3days

Respected Member
Im currently using oneprovider.com wich is a reseller of online.net. Already canceled but im stuck with them for 30 days.

I get that sdds are much better but that much space on SSD is to expensive. Even tough im using hdds atm the speeds are way worse than I've seen before so I tought id ask atleast :)

3days

Respected Member
Bought a root server at netcup.eu instead, things are running smooth as hell. 110 mb/s dl and fast repair and unpack.

The server at oneprovider.com is just pure crap. Never rent a server from them or online.net. :)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Bought a root server at netcup.eu instead, things are running smooth as hell. 110 mb/s dl and fast repair and unpack.

The server at oneprovider.com is just pure crap. Never rent a server from them or online.net. :)
@Deiteq is using netcup also. Oneprovider looks super expensive. She loves it because they had some speeds issues and they took care of her.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Oneprovider have known issues with the SC and XC bespoke server hardware they have. It's to do with the disk IO speed from memory and generally you just want to avoid them. Kimsufi (OVH) will usually be as quick, despite the slower port speed as the peering is way better (OVH based).

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/80309/online-net-dedibox-xc-2016-bios-bug

People had them benching as low as 12.5MB/s which is horrific for even a crappy 5.4k desktop grade drive.

Last edited:

3days

Respected Member
@Admin9705 So now everything works great, except the same problem I had on the last server. As soon as i get a movie download with a sub directory (ex: movies/movietitle/some_random_sub/movie.mkv) and the .mkv not beeing in /movies/movietitle/title.mkv it wont move to /move. It will just sit there and take up space.

This happens every now and then, is there a smooth solution to this except removing "old" files with a cron job? It's kinda a pain to have to remove all this files manualy every now and then.

Thanks for all the help btw :)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
@Admin9705 So now everything works great, except the same problem I had on the last server. As soon as i get a movie download with a sub directory (ex: movies/movietitle/some_random_sub/movie.mkv) and the .mkv not beeing in /movies/movietitle/title.mkv it wont move to /move. It will just sit there and take up space.

This happens every now and then, is there a smooth solution to this except removing "old" files with a cron job? It's kinda a pain to have to remove all this files manualy every now and then.

Thanks for all the help btw :)
What you have to do is check your sonnar/radarr LOGS to see why it's not moving it. It will tell you spot on. The script we deploy only cares about stuff getting to /mnt/move (which is how your disk space frees up).

3days

Respected Member
hrm, for the movies not moving I get this for example x1000 :)

Unable to parse movie info from path /completed/movies/Cars.3.2017.1080p.FRA.Blu-ray.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-Cireme/BDMV/STREAM/01306.m2ts

Guess it just dosent like that format of movies, dont know how to stop it from downloading that type.

3days

Respected Member
So basically, that's what's happening. It's on their end and it doesn't like processing it or doesn't know what to do with it.
Jupp, just have to find a way of it either stoppning radarr from grabbig that type of movies or it removing the files if it cant process/move them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.