What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

EX42-NVMe 2x512GB Drives - is this enough!?

timmeh

Respected Member
Hi guys,

I'm considering an upgrade from my auction Hetzner box which only has 2 x 1TB HDD which is starting to frustrated, well, just about everything in the PGBlitz process; initial load of movies, unpacking etc... it's all very slow...

So, I'm looking at the EX42-NVMe and noticed that a lot of people here use them. However the cheapest option only comes with 2x512Gb drives. Is this enough considering it would need to hold all the library metadata etc...?

Cheers,
TIMMEH!

KnoXX

Donor
It depends on how big your metadata block is and what your download pattern looks like.
I am running two 1TB drives mirrored and have about 500GB left open.
These 500 GB can fill up relatively easily if you add a bunch of stuff at the same time (i.e. a bunch of shows etc)
You might get into the situation where you have to throttle downloads, as moving files to GDrive is limited by the 750GB/day policy.

UncleBuck

Staff
I have a 1TB drive and a massive library. My metadata takes up around 200GB. I have had 40 plus movies in my download queue and have flirted with running out of space while waiting for recently downloaded items to upload. If you don't plan on having more than 15 to 20 downloads at once 512GB should be more than enough.

Vexilar

It depends on how big your metadata block is and what your download pattern looks like.
I am running two 1TB drives mirrored and have about 500GB left open.
These 500 GB can fill up relatively easily if you add a bunch of stuff at the same time (i.e. a bunch of shows etc)
You might get into the situation where you have to throttle downloads, as moving files to GDrive is limited by the 750GB/day policy.
Not if you use a team drive :)

Nigel

Staff
Donor
I have a 1TB drive and a massive library. My metadata takes up around 200GB. I have had 40 plus movies in my download queue and have flirted with running out of space while waiting for recently downloaded items to upload. If you don't plan on having more than 15 to 20 downloads at once 512GB should be more than enough.
Did you disable thumbs and chapters? I still deciding between 2x 1 TB nvme or 512 x 2

UncleBuck

Staff
Did you disable thumbs and chapters? I still deciding between 2x 1 TB nvme or 512 x 2
I did not which probably accounts for most of the data. You really should be fine with 512GB but I love having the 1TB and not having to even worry about running out of space.

Vexilar

I did not which probably accounts for most of the data. You really should be fine with 512GB but I love having the 1TB and not having to even worry about running out of space.
Just run in raid 0, you will get 1TB. Use the cron jobs to backup incase of drive failure, however lets be honest here a nvme failing is very low.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Development Donations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors