What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion EX-42 query

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

bedmanager

Hiya,

I've set up PlexGuide several times and had patchy results importing into Plex. Double-checked paths and everything (seemed) to be okay. It transpires that my dedi server has two SSDs, one formatted EXT4. I'm from a Windows background (sorry...) so when I see that one of the "Common Issues" is as follows:

"Are you using ext4? Are you using a 2nd processing location (if so, you need to adjust the local path in the remote download mappings in sonarr/radarr/lidarr to be /mnt/{mydrive}/downloads instead."

Can someone offer an ELI5 explanation, please (or a bit more explanation), please? Am I panicking unnecessarily?

Thanks in advance,

N-O-O-B...

M

MrDoob

Welcome,,,

So first if you install all over the install image from hetzner all is good.

You can see the drive partition over

cat /etc/fstab or df -h

If you add a seperat disk ( windows zb. Fat32 / or NTFS ) that's wrong for linux.

Linux need basically EXT4 / 3 / 2 or some other linux formats.

^^ It could also mean “partition table” so I'll address both. Recent versions ofLinux, the kernel, can access at least the following filesystem formats: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, btrfs, BSD UFS/FFS, and probably a few others I am forgetting. ^^

So the next is .

If you use SWRAID1, ( software raid )

You mirror the first disk, you have only the half disk space free of two disk

Math : 2 x 500GB = 500GB free disk space

If you use SWRAID0
You can use the complete space of the two disks

Math : 2 x 500GB = 1000GB free disk space

In the basic install of Hetzner is always a SWRAID1 checked .

I hope that's explains it.

Kind regards

bedmanager

Many thanks for the response! For absolute clarity, you're saying that I can install on my Hetzner instance without having to repartition or set up my own RAID in software - straight out of the box, the Hetzner server will run Plexguide?

(really appreciate your full response, but I'm a little twitchy as I think I'm on about my tenth - no exaggeration - installation and the propagation to my Teams works once, then stops, so I just wanted to get the 'obvious' out of the way) :)

M

MrDoob

Ya , you can choice between SWRAID1 and SWRAID0.
The OS you must pick is >

debian 9 or Ubun18.04 LTS minimal.

Thats all.

After the install copy past the install Code from here and all works like a sharm.

Spoonsy1480

Legendary Member
I have a hetzner ex42 server I set swraid to 0 and I am using Debian 9, from fresh start up type installimage choose os then change the lower raid option, I also changed my hostname save it then exit it and it will setup the server
Follow this if you need help

M

MrDoob

I have a hetzner ex42 server I set swraid to 0 and I am using Debian 9, from fresh start up type installimage choose os then change the lower raid option, I also changed my hostname save it then exit it and it will setup the server
Follow this if you need help
You can edit the hostbame in the live system without any reboots.

I use also debian 9. but i dont use SWRAID
I have 3 Disks inside my Server and run any disk standalone.

Each user can choise what he want.

Without raid > each disk are standalone
raid 0 > one disk failed all is away
raid 1 > mirror of disk one and two

The same is OS

Debian and Ubuntu are the same basic Linux Distribution.

If you change the repo Inside each OS from debian to Ubuntu or from ubuntu to debian , all the same repos.

bedmanager

Ya , you can choice between SWRAID1 and SWRAID0.
The OS you must pick is >

debian 9 or Ubun18.04 LTS minimal.

Thats all.

After the install copy past the install Code from here and all works like a sharm.
Thank you so much for your help! It's all set up now, just need to deal with why my media isn't showing up in Plex - one for another thread!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.