What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion erase keys when changing to encryption

macfreaker

I have a GCE and want to update to the latest pg version with encryption.
Do I have to delete my current keys(20) in the google project?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
no, not at all. just see if you can back them up and try the restore option. make sure u redo the tdrive and gdrive reauthentication; it's what correctly adds tcrypt and gcrypt

plex_noob

Staff
Donor
Is it possible to combine encrypted and unencrypted data?

macfreaker

What about must I do when I see "Warning! TeamDrive is blank! Must be set prior"
I see this in the rclone configuration.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
What about must I do when I see "Warning! TeamDrive is blank! Must be set prior"
I see this in the rclone configuration.
ignore the configuration, you must set it in the program, just select teamdrive. it's building it's own rclone.conf

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Is it possible to combine encrypted and unencrypted data?
yes, when you deploy the unencrypted edition, it will merge gdrive, gcrypt, tcrypt, and tdrive; be warned to move your data back to unencrypted, you have to download from encrypted and reupload to encrypted.

mackattack57

yes, when you deploy the unencrypted edition, it will merge gdrive, gcrypt, tcrypt, and tdrive; be warned to move your data back to unencrypted, you have to download from encrypted and reupload to encrypted.
what is the best way to download encrypted data for use in unencrypted deployment? I figured out much of my headache has been caused by encryption and trying not to reinvent the wheel

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.