What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Elysium Servers

Dexxa

Respected Member
Staff
I've just tested https://elysium.to/

and im quite impressed, Auto sets up plex and all the media you could wish for, Great for a backup or anyone who cant afford to to buy hard drives or matain a plex server themselves

I've got the vps

SHARED APPBOX 1
1 transcode
Unlimited Direct Plays
1gbps Bandwidth
Plex Sync(If plexpass)
Download via plex!
Invite friends!
$ 9.99 /MO

NullLove

>all the media you could wish for

Is this an advertisement or discussion? Because I would call that a stretch. Their Media library and Quality of material is very underwhelming.

insanepoet

Can honestly say I used them before they branched it out into its own project it was shall we say adjacent to a server I was already paying to use. Unless a major shakeup has occurred the guys behind it are fairly solid, they tend to get off on tangents from a dev standpoint but they only preach what they practice. I can say I got into a few arguments with one of the original devs but no hard feelings on either side after the fact just differences in opinion.

That being said I know a little over a year ago they had a rather massive library and had just introduced a more automated requests system (had previously been a forum post where you were bashed if you failed to find something previously requested before making a duplicate). So I am sure their library is more extensive by now than I could imagine.

Will likely give them a shot in the near future once my drives get full prior to moving to off-site storage.

insanepoet

Think of it more as plex as a service, you "rent the server" that is connected to their library of media. Like I said in my previous post their library is pretty large. Lots of international things as well as it evolved from how shall I say this a grey area (botting/reverse engineering) forum.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
This whole post almost feels slightly spammy. It’s just a variation on the P4S model that gives you slightly more options in terms of sharing the service with friends/family/reselling. If you are going down that route, you can do the same yourself and have even greater control for less money, either way it’s not really PG as such.

Dexxa

Respected Member
Staff
This whole post almost feels slightly spammy. It’s just a variation on the P4S model that gives you slightly more options in terms of sharing the service with friends/family/reselling. If you are going down that route, you can do the same yourself and have even greater control for less money, either way it’s not really PG as such.

The content doesnt matter to me, The hardware is what matters to me, would love to know what servers they are hosting on and how they do it, They seem to have other servers for storage, ive only used gdrive with my plexguide, how would i setup a plex server on one server then create ftp accounts on other servers and link them to the plex? I have a lot of DVD's been collectiong since i was young lol.

And please remember this post is not here as an advertisement, Was just wondering who was or has been using them for reviews.

Kn0s

Respected Member
As far as I know they just resell servers from the likes of hetzner, with a boosted up price. They have a fancy web interface to manage thing I will give them that. I think all media is converted all to hell, as to make sure no transcoding takes place. In my mind you can do much better with the information found here.

watchmeexplode5

@Dexxa
I don't know for sure (never used them) but I assume they are just mounting their storage gdrive as read-only to the plexserver via rclone (or similar mounting solutions).

You can do the same with pgblitz. I have my pgblitz running as a feeder without plex on the machine. I then have my gdrive mounted to another, more powerful machine which has plex on it to do all the heavy lifting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors