What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

doubts of newbie in usenet, advice or recommendations

Murphy

Hello, very good day
Excuse me, I'm a newbie in this usenet, I want to start using usenet as a download. I have several doubts, I hope you can solve them.
The main reason for downloads is for series movies, etc. (increase my collection)
I want to get more than anything content, preferably Latin audio, as a second option in English (excuse my ignorance unknown if in the servers of Europe we find content of this language XD)
I am currently doing tests with vps as seedbox.
As I'm just doing tests, I would not pay for something good (or 2 servers), but if it works, I hope to have unlimited downloads to get good material.
Any specific server with the language? Or in any server of the most mentioned I can find this information?
From the providers that I mentioned the most,
www.usenetserver.com
newshosting.com
newsdemon.com (my attention)
A moment ago the law about me www.newsgroup.ninja
Do you recommend starting with www.newsgroup.ninja?
The maximum that I would like to pay is 10 dollars, if it could be less XD
About the indexers that think.
about
https://nzbfinder.ws/
newz69.keagaming.com
https://6box.me,
nzbgeek.info
Any other indexer I recommend, or one that I am not recommended to use?
Do I have to use vpn to avoid DMCA?
From torrent I have 2 notifications: V

captngimpy

Staff
Currently I use nzbgeek as my indexer and then as for server i use usenetserver(accidently renewed), newsdemon(got the unlimited for $5 a month on a special think the Siteunt code was bestusenet) and then i just signed up with eweka to have a different backbone which seems to be working out. As far as the audio of media is concerned you can set preferences to only look for media in certain languages but english is going to be your best bet i would think. I honestly can say how easy or hard it is to find other languages but I do see people posting that they are downloading like german and spanish. Might be best to try and pick up a deal on a server and test it out you might be able to pick something up cheap on Black Friday or even try that deal on newsdemon. Also worth noting that the usenet subreddit has a provider deal page https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providerdeals

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
News = No DMCA, VPN isn't required.

Indexers are listed in NZBGet, some are great, others aren't, it depends on what you want, they all do short term trials or cheap deals to test, i'd honestly try a few and see what you like.

Provider wise Newsdemon is owned by the same person as newsgroup direct and the newsgroup direct offer for annual membership is very cheap. Eweka do a 10% off deal if you cancel via email and are for my money the best provider i've used for completion, but obviously that's just anecdotal. We have a who's who post on here, but the reddit link above is more comprehensive.

captngimpy

Staff
News = No DMCA, VPN isn't required.

Indexers are listed in NZBGet, some are great, others aren't, it depends on what you want, they all do short term trials or cheap deals to test, i'd honestly try a few and see what you like.

Provider wise Newsdemon is owned by the same person as newsgroup direct and the newsgroup direct offer for annual membership is very cheap. Eweka do a 10% off deal if you cancel via email and are for my money the best provider i've used for completion, but obviously that's just anecdotal. We have a who's who post on here, but the reddit link above is more comprehensive.
I use eweka for completion but when I pull from it the speed drops from 100MB/s or more to 15MB/s but again it is setup as the backup server and most thing are pulled thru newsdemon and usenetserver. Also I would not say that news = no dcma because that is just not true some providers based on where they are at do not obverve dmca request because it is a US law and they do not have to honor it. There is a similar goverance the ntd that takes more time to process in countries out side the us

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
I use eweka for completion but when I pull from it the speed drops from 100MB/s or more to 15MB/s but again it is setup as the backup server and most thing are pulled thru newsdemon and usenetserver. Also I would not say that news = no dcma because that is just not true some providers based on where they are at do not obverve dmca request because it is a US law and they do not have to honor it. There is a similar goverance the ntd that takes more time to process in countries out side the us
You’re quite right, it was after 3am and hours of trying to figure something out that I’ve had working previously code wise that b0rked post update.

What I should have said was news=No VPN. I took the op’s question to mean (as he cites warnings for torrents afterwards) was ‘do I need to use a VPN to avoid warnings as I have two for torrents?’ In the EU the policy is generally based on providers warning users they have received notification from a rights holder/agent thereof that the IP assigned to the customer was used to sharing copyrighted content. Too many warnings and the threat is your connection may be pulled. You also still have the possability that the 3rd party will attempt to extract money from you via threats of legal action, though generally those days are behind us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.