What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

delugeVPN

haagsemark

Respected Member
Staff
Donor
Really really really really want delugevpn back....
usenet is awesome but to many take downs,...........please fix this addon,..

hooper

Legendary Member
Staff
Donor
I would like it back as well. Not sure what was wrong with it, as I was using it for quite a while without any problem. I then upgraded to a new pg release and since the .yml is missing it was removed.

As for NZB takedowns, I would recommend adding multiple indexers and also maybe different usenet provider. I get incredible performance using NZB (300MB/sec download is not uncommon) compared to torrent downloads which are much slower.

haagsemark

Respected Member
Staff
Donor
++ on the delugevpn request!
thanksss i know pg is a fan of usenet but with als the takedowns usenet only is old fashion ,...

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

haagsemark

Respected Member
Staff
Donor
I would like it back as well. Not sure what was wrong with it, as I was using it for quite a while without any problem. I then upgraded to a new pg release and since the .yml is missing it was removed.

As for NZB takedowns, I would recommend adding multiple indexers and also maybe different usenet provider. I get incredible performance using NZB (300MB/sec download is not uncommon) compared to torrent downloads which are much slower.
got multiple.... but multiple accounts is more money... and what about the speed,.... im taking the torrent with 10mb/sec so im not compaining,.... but really need a vpn specialy cause i got a hetzner machine,...and you know how the germans are about torrents

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

ya will add, but have to study up. i didn't build it, so will put it on the list. i may need some help because i use 0 torrents :D been like 3 years
really some people can help you including me with the latests,..... start of with the transmission docker,... they made 2 dockers now one for the vpn and one for passthrough to reach it

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
oh i'm tracking. i got away from torrenting. have nearly 300TB in all pure usenet :D there are a rare few files i can't find, but that's what i have plex friends for. i start with search and mine is primary and if i don't have, 10 others do :D

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
From memory this is the Binhex delugeVPN container, it's a well proven container (Unraid people have used it for several years), it works well, it (should) just need PG network details adding to it and the correct VPN config/variables populated/filled in. It's specifically locked down to not handle DNS so the VPN server IP's are hard coded which means you need to post IP's and not host names in. PIA broke this for everyone who used the netherlands? end point by removing support for port forwarding, so now you need to use one of the other supported end points.

clinch123

The Newb
If the Deluge VPN needs to be rebuilt, maybe it would be a good point to move away from having each separate container use their own VPN. I have come across several openvpn client containers which allow for multiple docker containers to route traffic over a single connected VPN. This may add the functionality to allow people to use a VPN with NZBget , SABNZB, or any other program they wish with minimal build changes.

It would probably require a slight build change to all containers but probably would not be too difficult beyond that. Additionally, I feel like all of those containers would be more stable due to being able to use the original builds by the developers instead of spin-offs.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
If the Deluge VPN needs to be rebuilt, maybe it would be a good point to move away from having each separate container use their own VPN. I have come across several openvpn client containers which allow for multiple docker containers to route traffic over a single connected VPN. This may add the functionality to allow people to use a VPN with NZBget , SABNZB, or any other program they wish with minimal build changes.

It would probably require a slight build change to all containers but probably would not be too difficult beyond that. Additionally, I feel like all of those containers would be more stable due to being able to use the original builds by the developers instead of spin-offs.
The container in question has always included Privoxy proxy for as long as it's existed in PG - this allows any container or other device on the same network to connect via the VPN through this container if it supports a proxy. I use it at home for devices that lack either the capabilities or hardware resources to run encryption themselves.

Last edited:

dinklegeta

Respected Member
Hi everyone I have managed to install and configure it myself. If anyone wants any assistance I can try and help. It's really not that hard.

Last edited:

fr0sty

Staff
Donor
This is the only reason i've not pulled the trigger on hetzner or a decent AIO Aussie host. I like the sound of being able to run any container through VPN, reason being i find deluge to be not so nice VS rutorrent. Although rutorrent requires a bit of work also. @dinklegeta Feel free to do a wright up, I and many more would appreciate it.

dinklegeta

Respected Member
I will try my best to help. Bear in mind I have only tried this with NordVPN. There should not be much difference in terms of install if you are trying rtorrent.

Requirements:
- You will need Plexguide installed along with traefik and portainer with a domain.
- A VPN provider that has the option of downloading openvpn configuration files.
- Notepad++ or something similar to make amendments.
- A functioning brain so that complex tasks like copy and pasting don't hold you back.

Installation:
1. Go to the github page for delugevpn.

2a. If your provider happens to be PIA or AirVPN then all you have to do is copy the whole
"docker run -d \ bla bla etc" with the correct amendments to sections like the "VPN_USER=" and "VPN_PASS=" or whatever is relevant to your particular provider as noted in the github page.

2b. For people that have a different provider then you should copy the PIA example in the github page and make changes to "VPN_USER=", "VPN_PASS=" and "VPN_PROV=". Depending on the provider you have you may also need to enable or disable "STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=" for my particular provider (NordVPN) this was not required and I just removed that line from the command.

3. Before running the command you should also make sure "LAN_NETWORK=" is set to the correct IP range, by default it is 192.168.1.0 but you will need to change it whatever your traefik bridge range is on so for me it is now 172.17.0.0.

1541674089875.png

4. You should be good to run the command now, I suggest you run it in sudo just to be sure. Once the installation is done there will be a new folder created in "/apps/docker/deluge/config/openvpn/" this is where you will need to put your openvpn config file that you downloaded from your provider. If this part is not complete then you will notice the docker container won't start correctly.

5. Go to your portainer dashboard and find the "delugevpn" container. In theory it should be running but if it is not then something has went wrong in the previous steps, if you attempt to start it and it goes down again then I recommend you double check the previous steps. If it is running for you then you are pretty close to getting it working.

6. To access the deluge web GUI you will need to make some changes to the container, first thing to do is stop the container using portainer and then select the now not running "delugevpn" container. Once you see the main container details page then you should select Duplicate/Edit in the actions section. Scroll down to Advanced container settings and select the Labels tab. You will need to add four labels in this section, here is what I have (add your own domain obviously):

1541673064350.png

7. You will also need to add unionfs as a visible volume if you want to move your data to gdrive. To do this just go to the Volumes tab in Advanced container settings and add the following:

1541673401110.png

8. Now that these changes to the container have been made you can go ahead and deploy the container just above the Advanced container settings section. Once you see the container is running then you should be able to access the web GUI using whatever domain you added in the label section.

Finished :)

Last edited:

denzel

Donor
3. Before running the command you should also make sure "LAN_NETWORK=" is set to the correct IP range, by default it is 192.168.1.0 but you will need to change it whatever your traefik bridge range is on so for me it is now 172.17.0.0.
Thank you already so much for this tutorial!
How do I find my "correct IP range"? Is this my public IP?

Appelsap

I will try my best to help. Bear in mind I have only tried this with NordVPN. There should not be much difference in terms of install if you are trying rtorrent.

Requirements:
- You will need Plexguide installed along with traefik and portainer with a domain.
- A VPN provider that has the option of downloading openvpn configuration files.
- Notepad++ or something similar to make amendments.
- A functioning brain so that complex tasks like copy and pasting don't hold you back.

Installation:
1. Go to the github page for delugevpn.

2a. If your provider happens to be PIA or AirVPN then all you have to do is copy the whole
"docker run -d \ bla bla etc" with the correct amendments to sections like the "VPN_USER=" and "VPN_PASS=" or whatever is relevant to your particular provider as noted in the github page.

2b. For people that have a different provider then you should copy the PIA example in the github page and make changes to "VPN_USER=", "VPN_PASS=" and "VPN_PROV=". Depending on the provider you have you may also need to enable or disable "STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=" for my particular provider (NordVPN) this was not required and I just removed that line from the command.

View attachment 2152

4. You should be good to run the command now, I suggest you run it in sudo just to be sure. Once the installation is done there will be a new folder created in "/apps/docker/deluge/config/openvpn/" this is where you will need to put your openvpn config file that you downloaded from your provider. If this part is not complete then you will notice the docker container won't start correctly.

5. Go to your portainer dashboard and find the "delugevpn" container. In theory it should be running but if it is not then something has went wrong in the previous steps, if you attempt to start it and it goes down again then I recommend you double check the previous steps. If it is running for you then you are pretty close to getting it working.

6. To access the deluge web GUI you will need to make some changes to the container, first thing to do is stop the container using portainer and then select the now not running "delugevpn" container. Once you see the main container details page then you should select Duplicate/Edit in the actions section. Scroll down to Advanced container settings and select the Labels tab. You will need to add four labels in this section, here is what I have (add your own domain obviously):

View attachment 2150

7. You will also need to add unionfs as a visible volume if you want to move your data to gdrive. To do this just go to the Volumes tab in Advanced container settings and add the following:

View attachment 2151

8. Now that these changes to the container have been made you can go ahead and deploy the container just above the Advanced container settings section. Once you see the container is running then you should be able to access the web GUI using whatever domain you added in the label section.

Finished :)
Thank you very much. This tutorial worked like a charm.

plex_noob

Staff
Donor

Hi Appelsap,

Just created a small howto explaining exactly that. You can try if you wish.

Sined

denzel

Donor
I just realized since I have delugeVPN installed I cannot connect anymore to delugevpn with ipadress:8112
It just works with deluge.mydomain.com

I use traefik. Does anyone experience the same? Has anyone a tip where the mistake could be?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.