What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

delugeVPN cannot change default username/pass of container

ogtimmiller

I am trying to modify the package binhex/arch-delugevpn to include my NordVPN .ovpn file and username/password.

I placed my .ovpn file in /opt/appdata/deluge/openvpn/

If I run delugeVPN at this point, it will create a file in /opt/appdata/deluge/openvpn/ called credential.conf which contain two lines: vpnusername and vpnpass (these are the default values of the docker container delugeVPN). I attempt to modify these in portainer by clicking the duplicate/edit button and change the env variables to my correct values. I have to create a temporary container called deluge-new, remove the original delugeVPN container, and then change the name from deluge-new to deluge & restart. When I do this, delugeVPN seemingly doesn't read/write to supervisord.log or credentials.conf. I also cannot access the web ui through my subdomain through traefik.

Any help is appreciated.

M

MrDoob

Check the permissions.

chown -cR <user-name>:<user-name> /opt/appdata/deluge/
And try again

ogtimmiller

Works for me on 8.1.3 @plex_noob thanks!

Edit: One problem, I cannot get the vpn & deluge containers to start on boot like the core containers. I tried changing the restart policy in portioner to "when stopped", and the containers were in the stopped state after a reboot.

Last edited:

plex_noob

Staff
Donor
This is really strange. Did you keep the dependency between deluge and VPN. If yes then deluge should wait for VPN to start. But I don't understand why the vpn container does not start. I don't have any problem on my side. Did you check the log files?
dmesg
or
tail -n 200 /var/log/syslog

ogtimmiller

@plex_noob the VPN container autostarts on boot like it should, it was deluge that wasn't starting that got my attention. Maybe I need to wait for deluge's dependencies to be satisfied before manually starting the container after a reboot. I will report back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ogtimothymiller Blitz Apps 2
M Blitz Apps 4
hooper Blitz Apps 48
haagsemark Blitz Apps 31
P Blitz Apps 5