What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion current gdrive user with lots of media already on different gdrive

accel

Blitz 3rd Class
hi! used pg solo edition with google drive as a backup for a while. really impressed by the progress you've made and was inspired to use plexguide as intended.

here's the situation. i have a lot of media already in a google drive i'll call olddrive. i also have a new-ish seedbox running plexguide syncing to another google drive i'll call newdrive.

currently the only route the files can take is olddrive -> plexguide -> newdrive which will be slow and bandwidth-intensive.

if i were to switch to using a team drive, would i be transfer olddrive and newdrive's contents to the team drive from the drive interface? i know i can't copy folders to do it all at once, but i can copy the files individually which would still save a lot of time.

is switching from a gdrive setup to a team drive setup an involved task? do i need to do a separate oauth process with new credentials when i'm adding it to rclone? how do i tell plexguide i've switched? what do i do with the google drive account gdrive afterwards?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.