What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Cloudflare for plex

kwokelliot

PG Version
v8.6base
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
I was trying to set up cloudflare CDN for plex and I followed the wiki but didn't seem to work. Just wondering do I have to deploy Traefik for CDN as I got Error 521 when I try https://plex.xxxxxxxx:443.

gadgethome

Donor
Yes its best to setup Traefik and portguard.
In Traefik, you can select cloudflare as the domain provider.

sconnery

Respected Member
FreeLancer
Donor
In the past i have had to setup cdn and al my containers prior to enabling portgaurd , then after portguard I setup oauth just found that order the most functional. thanks

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
@sconnery once i start back on the wiki, it would be good if you can drop any oddball info. i haven't used CF, so my experience is limited. CF is used for this project so I understand more.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
@kwokelliot note that there is a time delay also. i have noticed users who had problems (not saying it's yours) wait abit and come back and worked. it's because of dns filtering and CF taking time to kick in.

sconnery

Respected Member
FreeLancer
Donor
@sconnery once i start back on the wiki, it would be good if you can drop any oddball info. i haven't used CF, so my experience is limited. CF is used for this project so I understand more.
sure of course, the current guide works well. but cdn is only good for page loading doesnt influence playback whatsoever

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.