What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Can you launch a LAMP stack docker container to a directory for custom sites.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

ninjaknock

I've seen in the app templates of portainer that we can run apache,postgres/mysql dockers for running a site. however I haven't noticed a php template available is something like full stack developer container possible to launch? All the apache/php/mysql/nginx pointing to a directory on the server to host/develop custom sites.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I've seen in the app templates of portainer that we can run apache,postgres/mysql dockers for running a site. however I haven't noticed a php template available is something like full stack developer container possible to launch? All the apache/php/mysql/nginx pointing to a directory on the server to host/develop custom sites.
it's all possible, it's just the writeup can be difficult. if you want to look at pgpress, look at the wordpress yml. you can attempt to take a stab at it :D

ninjaknock

it's all possible, it's just the writeup can be difficult. if you want to look at pgpress, look at the wordpress yml. you can attempt to take a stab at it :D
It's just, LAMP is needed for testing random projects for web dev, so I thought wordpress implementation was perfect. However after installing apache/postgres and I've read some writeup for php docker container. How can I point them all to a single directory on my vps so the website directory is the directory on vps. I was unable to achieve that part.

foolio

Respected Member
Patron
It's just, LAMP is needed for testing random projects for web dev, so I thought wordpress implementation was perfect. However after installing apache/postgres and I've read some writeup for php docker container. How can I point them all to a single directory on my vps so the website directory is the directory on vps. I was unable to achieve that part.
If i understand your question correctly I have been fiddling with this myself. I believe the option in portainer you want to modify on the container during deployment is in the advanced settings under volumes. select bind and input the path to physical file system where you want to maintain the file structure.

bing volumes to filesystem.PNG
Now the DB mariadb or postgres should be in it's own container managed separate unless your doing something beyond my understanding. again I new to all this stuff as well but I believe this is what your are asking about.

as an example all the containers in plexguide bind thier applications to /opt/appdata/"container-name"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.