What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Best rclone VFS mount settings

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

astroshare

Blitz Sergeant
Donor
Donor
PG Version
Mount Type
Move Encrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
I have migrated to a Hetzner EX52-NVMe server, and it has plenty of memory and CPU power. What are some recommended settings for this kind of hardware to speed up Plex library scans? I've noticed this latest version of PGBlitz is much slower scanning than what I was running before on my GCE box with PG 8.5.8

hooper

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
the reason it is slower is that your GCE systems are in close proximity to the gdrive/tdrive data - they are part of the same cloud solution.

these are the default VFS settings implemented in PG and they seem to work pretty well for me.

Code:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
VFS RClone Mount Settings ~ vfs.pgblitz.com

RClone Variable Name           Default ~ Current Settings

[1] Buffer-Size                16M        [16M]
[2] Drive-Chunk-Size           128M       [128M]
[3] Dir-Cache-Time             2m         [2m]
[4] VFS-Read-Chunk-Size        128M       [128M]
[5] VFS-Read-Chunk-Size-Limit  off        [off]
[6] VFS-Cache-Mode             writes     [writes]
[7] VFS-Cache-Max-Age          1h         [1h]
[8] VFS-Cache-Max-Size         off        [off]
[Z] Exit

Please read the wiki on how changing these settings impact stability and performance!
After you change these settings, you must redeploy the mounts for them to take effect.

hooper

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
I just realized that I do use a custom setup, but for some reason PG has gone back to defaults for my config and i am unable to change the values.

pb1051

Blitz 1st Class
the reason it is slower is that your GCE systems are in close proximity to the gdrive/tdrive data - they are part of the same cloud solution.

these are the default VFS settings implemented in PG and they seem to work pretty well for me.

Code:
VFS RClone Mount Settings ~ vfs.pgblitz.com

RClone Variable Name           Default ~ Current Settings

[1] Buffer-Size                16M        [16M]
[2] Drive-Chunk-Size           128M       [128M]
[3] Dir-Cache-Time             2m         [2m]
[4] VFS-Read-Chunk-Size        128M       [128M]
[5] VFS-Read-Chunk-Size-Limit  off        [off]
[6] VFS-Cache-Mode             writes     [writes]
[7] VFS-Cache-Max-Age          1h         [1h]
[8] VFS-Cache-Max-Size         off        [off]
[Z] Exit

Please read the wiki on how changing these settings impact stability and performance!
After you change these settings, you must redeploy the mounts for them to take effect.
Why would your defaults be different than mine?

hooper

Blitz Samurai
Staff
Donor
Why would your defaults be different than mine?
After I posted this message I looked a little more closely at things and found that there was a recently introduced bug in pgclone code that caused these defaults to be wrong. Recent commits to github have fixed this issue along with the adding fixes to work around the latest 403 and 429 response codes.

you can redeploy pgclone and look at the defaults that are in there. Make sure they are what you want and then deploy the config and you should be in good shape.

pb1051

Blitz 1st Class
After I posted this message I looked a little more closely at things and found that there was a recently introduced bug in pgclone code that caused these defaults to be wrong. Recent commits to github have fixed this issue along with the adding fixes to work around the latest 403 and 429 response codes.

you can redeploy pgclone and look at the defaults that are in there. Make sure they are what you want and then deploy the config and you should be in good shape.
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.