What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Ideas Backup / Restore - Permissions

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
Status
Not open for further replies.

razzamatazm

Hi There -

Absolutely love the product. I came from a very similar history as you, just recently learning linux from the ground up to do this specific thing. I've built a few different servers now and plexguide speeds up the project by astronomical amounts.

That said -
I backed up and restored Sab, Sonarr, and Radarr through the app. On the new server, Sab wouldn't start, so i checked the logs and the permissions were messed up on the sab.ini file along with the other folders. THey only had root privileges. Not sure what happened between the two installs but I thought I'd let you know. I fixed the problem by adding the permissions back.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
The reason I chose the zip format was incase anyone is going to move it to the windows side; which make it less of a headache to restore either way. Is there an advantage of the TAR format over zip? Just asking :D

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Hi There -

Absolutely love the product. I came from a very similar history as you, just recently learning linux from the ground up to do this specific thing. I've built a few different servers now and plexguide speeds up the project by astronomical amounts.

That said -
I backed up and restored Sab, Sonarr, and Radarr through the app. On the new server, Sab wouldn't start, so i checked the logs and the permissions were messed up on the sab.ini file along with the other folders. THey only had root privileges. Not sure what happened between the two installs but I thought I'd let you know. I fixed the problem by adding the permissions back.
In regards to the permissions, when plexguide is install, it formats all the folders; even for a new server through the preinstaller. So... it may be an odd case. I used the backup and restore a few times and have no issues; but that's a good report incase we continue to come across it. Did this occur on all your other servers?

razzamatazm

tar will allow for saving permissions and directory structure. it's built for linux and works well for that. zip loses permissions i believe.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
tar will allow for saving permissions and directory structure. it's built for linux and works well for that. zip loses permissions i believe.
Cool, another research project :D I did it a few times back and forth. I’ll engage others on it

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
I'll look into forking and switching it to tarballs. It preserves directory structure and permissions (v v important)
If it works out well, can u send a push?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Development Donations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors