What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Ideas Backup ALL

Methanoid

Respected Member
Instead of having to type every single container name, type ALL in caps and it does all the containers? Simple improvement

loa92

Donor
This is not ideal because Plex and emby could be insanely big and if a user doesn't pay attention, your box can run out of space.
The backup files get zipped and uploaded to GDrive I thought? Where would the user face running out of space?

nocturne1

Donor
Then the solution is instead of typing "ALL", the user has to type "ALL-YES-I-AM-PAYING-ATTENTION-AND-KNOW-I-CAN-RUN-OUT-OF-SPACE". ;)

Really, though, not sure how forcing a user to type everything in negates that risk. Without that solution, I just do the (double-click, ctrl-c, ctrl-v, return) loop until I'm finished. Still annoying, but less annoying than typing.

nocturne1

Donor
Well, it's not really unknown. As a safeguard, it could do a "du -hs /opt/appdata" to see the maximum size. Plus, I don't think anyone's asking for the command to do the entire directory as a single tar - just hoping to save some typing. Pretty sure it serializes the process anyway when one types it all out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.