What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Discussion Automatically cycle through Service Accounts in rclone to bypass 750 GB/day upload limit

ytr968

PG Version
None
Mount Type
Blitz Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
Edit: For some reason, it's not letting me post the entire post, so I've uploaded a picture of it:

Last edited:

Maslygan

Respected Member
Donor
Use pgblitz. Litterally the reason it exists :D

Edit: Oh, edu account. just read that you wanted to exeed the 750gb limit :D But you should be able to set rclone up with blitz and then copy from the one drive to another. i think

ytr968

Use pgblitz. Litterally the reason it exists :D

Edit: Oh, edu account. just read that you wanted to exeed the 750gb limit :D But you should be able to set rclone up with blitz and then copy from the one drive to another. i think
Thanks for your reply! For some reason, it didn't let me post the entire post, so I uploaded a picture of it on the main post. Let me know your thoughts!

Maslygan

Respected Member
Donor
Thanks for your reply! For some reason, it didn't let me post the entire post, so I uploaded a picture of it on the main post. Let me know your thoughts!
yea, i dont think it works for you. as i understand the user that hits the limit of 750gb is the edu . If its not the case, and the account that hits that limit is your new account that you are transfering to, i belive you should be able to utilize blitz with multiple users. But i honestly dont know enough about it when using edu and how the shareing works for that

ytr968

yea, i dont think it works for you. as i understand the user that hits the limit of 750gb is the edu . If its not the case, and the account that hits that limit is your new account that you are transfering to, i belive you should be able to utilize blitz with multiple users. But i honestly dont know enough about it when using edu and how the shareing works for that
So the 750 GB limit is definitely on the new account, given that that's the one that rclone is using to download and immediately re-upload. I just wanted a way to easily bypass that limit on the new account.

Maslygan

Respected Member
Donor
How have you set up rclone? mounted both drives? and then what? have you used the rclone installer from pgblitz?

ytr968

How have you set up rclone? mounted both drives? and then what? have you used the rclone installer from pgblitz?
Rclone is currently set up such that there is only one drive mounted--the GSuite account's drive (gdrive in my case). As per the command I talked about in the original post, it's essentially "rclone copy gdrive:Media gdrive:Copy of Media," where "Media" is the shared folder and "Copy of Media" is the new folder that is separate standalone copy.

Maslygan

Respected Member
Donor
rclone copy gdrive:Media tdrive:Copy of Media

Might work, im not sure honestly. You for sure want to use the teamdrive, as you this way can use service keys. Im not sure this works, but im just throwing something out there. Maybe you can set up the new gsuite via pgblitz and set up rclone with multiple keys. This will generate however many you want, and you can just copy paste the emails for those keys to share with the teamdrive. Perhaps you can then share them with your edu account the same way as before. plexguides rclone should shuffle between the correct keys and not duplicating files. So after you have mounted the new gsute, you mount your edu account with rclone too, and try to use the /mnt/move to move files from edu to tdrive on new gsuite.

hope this makes sense :D

M

MrDoob

open putty

type -->

sudo apt-get install screen -yqq
made an rclone.conf file for the EDU drive and save it ;-)

next step --> edit the code below

screen -S migrate

bash -x yournameofthescript

if you want to move all file use moveto
if you want to move all file use copyto
if you want to move all file use sync

or move or copy

all the same but !!! beware you can hit each API limit and the server use a lot of ram and a lot of bandwith

you can also move the folder from the EDU to you GSuite account over the GDrive page ;-)

((( open EDU account -> add member -> (( GSUITE ACCOUNT )) --> open GSuite Drive page go to TDRIVE -->

click right on the mouse --> click move to --> and move the files :) )))

some of the EDU accounts are not allowes to move the files between 2 GSuite accounts

and JUST AN NOTE !!! NEVER USE AN EDU !!!! you can lost all your files fast ;)

Bash:
#!/bin/bash

rclone moveto "HERE THE FOLDER OF THE EDU you want to move" "/mnt/move" \   

--fast-list \       
 --verbose=1 \        
--user-agent="ttssdo88" \       
 --bwlimit 20M \        
--retries 3 \       
 --retries-sleep 30m \        
--stats 5s --stats-file-name-length 0 \        
--tpslimit 6 \        
--tpslimit-burst 12 \        
--transfers 1 \        
--checkers 4 \        
--log-file /var/plexguide/logs/tmigrate.log \        
--config XXXXXX bind here the EDU G/TDRIVE Rclone.conf

exit 0

(/code]

jackus

Create team drive and share with both accounts
Move files to team drive through drive.google.com
Move files out of team drive on second account also via drive.google.com

No bandwidth, no rate limiting, no API hits.

ytr968

Create team drive and share with both accounts
Move files to team drive through drive.google.com
Move files out of team drive on second account also via drive.google.com

No bandwidth, no rate limiting, no API hits.
This doesn't work, unfortunately, as you cannot move folders into Team Drives. Given that I have every file nested under a folder for Plex purposes, this is not an option.

jackus

This doesn't work, unfortunately, as you cannot move folders into Team Drives. Given that I have every file nested under a folder for Plex purposes, this is not an option.
I mean, if you follow my instructions you can because I have..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.