What's new
PGBlitz.com

Register Now! Find useful tips, Interact /w Community Members and join the part the Best Community on the Internet!

Ideas Automatic reboot on uninstall??

valfar

Hello.

Can you please not have pgblitz automatically reboot the computer on uninstall?? I just did an uninstall on my local Linux fileserver, and I was NOT ready for a sudden reboot..

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
The reason this occurs is because without the reboot, tons of bad thing occur :D and your the first to mention this... well ever. Prior, we would get flooded because people uninstalled, reinstalled, then... bad things would occur from there. In PG9, the uninstaller will be different, so it won't be needed. Thanks for letting us know :D

valfar

What about making a clear message instead?
Before starting uninstall: A clear message prompt saying that the system will reboot automatically when uninstall is finished.
Or, after uninstall is finished: A message saying that a reboot IS needed.

You have made a fantastic piece of software but a forced reboot out of nowhere is not a good thing..ever.

nhdriver4

I agree. Automatic reboots are not friendly in any situation. Users should be presented with a warning that things can occur, and allow them to choose reboot, cancel, or ignore. This allows users to finish up what they are doing and then initiate their reboot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Development Donations

Top NZB NewsGroups!

Members - Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors